Quote:

Cheap MS bar or cage, MIG welded is cheap. That's because welded tube is cheap DOM mild steel is almost as expensive as moly. I can definitely see how a 4130 Moly Bar that must be TIG welded can be 3 times the price. But its lighter, stronger and TIG welds look a lot nicer.

FWIW Mine is Moly. Do it once, and do it right.

I guess it just depends on who your fabricator is. I asked my chassis guy before I bought the cage kit. He said, it would cost me the same for fabrication, maybe less for chromo because HE prefers to TIG over MIG. In fact, he probably would have TIG'd the MS cage if I bought a MS cage kit.

Also, one other thing that seems to get over looked if your buying a kit, A cheaper kit, will most likely cost you more on the fabrication. I have seen Competition Engineering kits show up, and the main hoop is too wide to even fit in the car! Their kits are cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

I have heard S&W builds nice kits too, but I have no first hand experience with them. Art Morrison was closer to me, so shipping was cheaper.

-Kenny