Quote:

Quote:

Stock stamped rockers are supposed to be 1.5:1 but I recall reading somewhere that they are actually closer to 1.4...

measure them for yourself. i've measured jillions of 'em, and they've all been almost exactly 1.5. ok, maybe not jillions, but some.

I use the stock rockers as I don't use a lot of spring pressure. The stock six-pack springs are about as crazy as I get. Over the years I've measured a lot of rockers also and they are anything but consistent. I have never worried about ratio, just the lift at the valve for an individual rocker arm all other factors being equal. I use a solid lifter, an adustable pushrod, a relatively weak spring, a dial on the valve retainer, and an actual cam to go through batches of rocker arms. I try to split them up into two groups that have equivalent lifts. The higher lifts go on the exhaust and the lower lifts on the intake. Always worked for me. As a side note, this entire procedure is one Racer Brown had since the mid 70's.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".