Another question for you guys.

I am having my car painted. It's a real FC7 inviolet (plum crazy) 1971 BS23 'cuda.
When I bought the car, it was a kind of ford blue. I want to paint the inside of the trunk the correct color and my painter has told me that he will paint it what ever color I would like. He paints a lot of chevys and has suggested a black with a gray speckle.
I don't know if the trunk has ever been repainted but it looks like it hasn't to me. The beam in the very back where the trunk lid latch attaches is purple and the beam that is way in the front of the trunk that goes across the back seat is purple. Most of the rest of the trunk (floor and over the wheel well bumps) is kind of a brownish burnt gold color. Just about every car that I have seen on the internet and at car shows is painted body color inside the trunk. I really want to get this right.

Can anyone tell me what is correct and a way to tell my painter what to get?

Last edited by TinCuda; 09/14/11 02:39 PM.

(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O) 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6 {||O||} 2000 Yamaha V-Max (O O [========= SRT] O O) 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 . Making as big as a carbon footprint as I can!!!