Quote:

Quote:

It only makes sense that the engine would overheat slowly at idle with the lower volume 6 blade pump.

as far I can tell is not about low or high volume, is related about the size of the pulley. A/C cars got smaller pulleys on Water pump, so at same RPMs will spin faster being 6 vanes

Quote:

I bought two pumps, one from NAPA and one from Year One. The year one looks to have the impeller set up for counter clock-wise rotation while the NAPA pump is set up for clock-wise rotation (they also sell the same pump for counter clock-wise rotation with an impeller that looks like the Year-One pump. For my application, I need clock-wise rotation. However, Year-One only lists this pump for the "383 - 440" application? I'm going with the NAPA pump.

This is very interesting... CW against CCW talking about same 8 vanes pump... aren't all engines with regular belts the same rotation no matter the belt setup with or without A/C ?

now there is something said by 6bblgt what is true... blades are 90 degrees, and if you install an "anti-cavitation" plate it will make work the impellers the same no matter how are cut the vanes if faced CW or CCW

There is no factory serpentine setup for a big block mopar so I can't see the aftermarket making a CW and CCW pump , those pumps will push water no matter what direction they spin .