I went to the track earlier this year but had problems revving over 5000 rpms. It would go to 5000 fine, but then not pull past. It wouldn't bang, would't studder, just act like it hit a wall... I made only 1 "full" pass and went 11.7 @ 110. Had I shifted around 5000 I bet it would have run low 11's. Instead I kept it in gear waiting for it to rpm and it never would so then I would finally shift to 2nd and did the same thing shifting into 3rd. You can tell by my mph.. This was on about 5 lbs of boost.

For what its worth, a crank trigger solved that problem. I ran my buddies BBC truck that we think will run mid 11's based on the motor, weight of vehicle, etc. We ran each other, him on slicks me on drag radials. We both spun but by the top of 2nd gear I was up about 3 trucks and pulling when I got out of it. This is on only 4.5 lbs of boost and no intercooler at that time.

I dont have any other pics here at work, but they are just shorty headers flipped from side to side with the collectors cut and v-bands welded on. If you don't have any of those accessories, it should be an easy thing!