Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Any recommendations? Trailer is 6 years old and has slight leaks here and there. Can I use mobile home roof paint/sealer?
Thanks Mike

It most likely has a perimeter seal on the roof which should be scraped off, cleaned and replaced....then coat the roof with one coat of primer followed by two coats of the liquid rubber roof coating sold at RV dealers....the new rubber coating will prevent the perimeter seal from drying out or at least extend it's life and will keep the interior of the trailer much cooler

PS....they also sell roof gutters that install along the topside edge that will channel water to the rear of the trailer which aids really well in stopping black streaks down the sides of the trailer

Rickster

Yes only do the seam, not the whole thing. When I wash my trailers, I start with the roof first, get it clean and the black stains stop running down the side. Bare aluminum for a roof is better than having some kind of coating up there, because it can chip off when the roof flexes and holds dirt. Don't coat the whole roof, I'm telling you.

Have to disagree.....if you prepare the roof correctly to the coating manufacturer's recommended installation it will not crack or chip....it's an elastomeric product and meant to flex....also just the rubber coating by itself will greatly reduce black streaks in lieu of the bare aluminum skin

I did my 50 footer and I highly recommend it

Rickster

I keep my aluminum roof clean and have had no black stains for years now. No added weight and nothing to come off.