ok guys i have did alot of reading and asking?????there are alot of guys that say your best bet is go 400 block for my stroker build,then some say 440 is fine...how many of you guys have had a 700/800 400 and did it last,did you use a girdle,did you half fill,full fill it??????i know its alot of ???? but how are you going to learn???? also i know get a race block but 4000.00 block is not in the budget right now and im ready to get some work going on this thing soon....now the reason i was hooked on the 440 is some parts i have are 440 but i can sell or trade for 400 stuff....
so this is what i'm lookin or wanting to do car will be backhalf ladderbar coilover,glass bumpers,deck,hood,and maybe doors 70 duster...front will be converted over to coilover,and rack,so im thinking 27/2800lbs also my do lexan glass in all doors not sure yet...would like to put this thing in the 5.90/6.0 range at most any time ...
so lets hear about the bad 400 and why you went 400...im just trying to get this thing going to race,but would like for it to be able to be around til i can shoot for the race block..

as i said i know get the race block but please read not in the budget right now...