I have a 2001 Durango SLT Plus with body control module part number 56045453AC and the left head light started to blink at random. I talked with a friend of mine that is a mechanic and he said the body control module was defective. He replaced the body control module with a used one of unknown part number and I have some issues. The windshield wipers don't work when the vehicle is stopped with the brakes applied, the security alarm system doesn't work and I can't deactivate the automatic door lock system. Doses this sound like a reprogramming issue with the body control module or do I need to replace the module with a known correct one and have it reprogrammed with my VIN? My local dealer stated that once the body control module was programmed with a different vehicle's VIN it could not be used on my vehicle. I suspect the used BCM was from a Durango that had less options and that is why all of my systems don't work. Need opinion as to wether this is true or do I need to replace the BCM with a new one.

Thanks,

Mike