thanks for the replys guys.I am still runing the 8-3/4 in my dart. dont have the money for the dana yet.I am running the 318 to big block coversion motor mounts and the stock tansmission mount.I will have to check to make sure. but i think i have over a inch of the yolk sticking out of the tail shaft.how much are you soposed to have? i know stuff breaks but this is a frist for me.yes i would like to find one out of a van or a truck. i have heard they are stronger.I have another tail shaft i am going to put on it.for no so at least i can move it off the shop floor if i need to and have to wash all the trans fluid off the bottom of the car.i might just find another trans to build up and use this one for spare parts. or if you guys think i will be ok to just put a new tail shaft on this one and try it again?thanks Mopar65

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops