Quote:

Hi Frank,

My educated guess - Red.
The intent of the SHAKER bubble, for FE5 Rallye red cars, were to be painted FE5 Rallye red. Only the FE5 cars were intended to have the body color bubble. Flag ship color and all (at least for the early advertisments).
Other exterior colors for 1970 had the Argent bubble. Sometime late in the 1970 model year (~Late May or June), the Argent was replaced with the Black bubbles.
There are many original cars and documents that have exceptions.
Late 1970 with Red bubbles, late 1970 with Argent bubbles, early 1971 cars with Argent bubbles, etc.
But those topics have been discussed here before. Maybe a site seach will yield some additional information for you.

Ola

Edit: Oopps, I must type really slow. (Replies while I was replying.)
Terry always has the correct SHAKER/Fram manufacturer information. He has a wealth of knowledge.
I also agree with the other poster, Scott has a great deal of information too. I'm sure he will post soon.

Some of us researched as much as we could, even back since the mid 80s.

Red had red bubbles. Early cars argent. Late cars black. Some exceptions in between. If restoring a non FE5 car, and you don't know the original bubble color for sure, do argent for pre-May '70, Black for post-May '70. My October 10th '69 70 Hemi Challenger is argent. My June '70 70 383 Chally is black.

Chris from New Jersey