I really don't have all the "body" rattles and other noise you guys talk about.

Both of my cars are pretty close to stock when it comes to the body.

All fender,cowl,hood,firewall, inner fenders,under hood pad, seals, splash shields etc are in place. I put most of them in place myself and the cars are not bad to drive. With AC makes it a pleasure to drive during the summer. I haven't had a working radio in 3 or so years, I can't listen to rattles.

Wish you could hear my doors with my correctly adjusted glass with fresh whiskers. The clear plastic is in place on my inner doors under my door panels. Those stop all kinds of drafts and noise.

It's possible to have rattle free E body, it took me I guess 30 years to get there, but it is possible.

And I really never noticed a whistle on my E bodys?, lot's of wind noise if your windows are not all the way up.

Like my front hood, it has those little block off plates in place, that everyone took out thinking they are getting more air to the engine. All that makes a difference in noise.

The bottem on my steering coluums is closed with metal bearing down there, so no noise and heat into the passenger area.

Lot's of places to improve the noise by installing the shields that most people took off all over the car over the years.

Those heat sheids in back by the mufflers quiet road noise some, does your car have them?