Ok so my 440 block is at the machine shop right now getting work done to it. I was kinda wondering what you think of what I have planned so far. I'm purchasing all the parts for it very soon and still open to suggestions on the hardware for this.

Going to be .30 over with a stock stroke steel crank - Won't be changing either of the 2 there. Will also be switching to all ARP bolts

Everything else is open for suggestions

Pistons: Either the KB237 or IC968 pistons.
Edelbrock RPM intake
Edelbrock Thunder AVS 800cfm electric choke
Double roller chain
HV oil pump
Cylinder heads will either be a set of edelbrock rpm or a set of 906 heads that flow just as good as 440source CNC ported stealth heads.
Right now 3.55 gears will prolly switch to a 3.73 gear later this year when I upgrade the rear end. 29" or 31" tall tire from hoosier, same width just different height

Camshaft is very much so up in the air, as there's quite a few to choose from, all of these being a comp cam

The xtreme energy high lift cams, Either the 275, 285 or 295. Theres also a cam similar to the 285 at the machine shop my work is getting done that is their own custom grind they use. I've also looked at the purple plus cam comp offers. Oh, and the torque converter will be matched to whichever camshaft is used.

This is all getting done in the next couple weeks i'll be ordering parts this weekend most likely. Any comments or suggestions would be cool. The engine will be going into my 72 charger project

Last edited by 72charger; 07/21/11 03:19 AM.