Quote:

prob found in the trans,rear gov supp i think its called...well kinda melted..looks like lack of trans fluid..well with the help of b1 she'll be better,stronger, when he's done its getting some rollerized stuff and a steel drum..so i keep my foot

I have a freind who had a similar problem on melting the rear roller support whiichs ends up hurting other parts The cause was a misalignment of the shifter cable and the cure is proper adjustment of the shifter Make sure the shaft on the shifter cable end slides easily into the shifter arm in all the forward gears, 1st,2nd and high gear If you don't it(the manual valve in the valve body that does ths fluid routing) will restrict the amount of fluid under pressure to the trans and through the trans cooler Take your time and adjust it so it slides in and out easily in those gars, it should drop right in If it does on some and not all adjust the cable in the holding bracket to get it aligned properly, there is usually only ONE place will it will be correct for all three gears You can do it, take your time and be picky

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)