Quote:

i could only stand being out in my shop for 30 minutes last night before there was an outline of sweat on the floor following me wherever i went.

so, research time
i want to see how your exhaust looks and where your muffler ended up

here is where im at

I had mine( 3 inch pipes) ran to the rear of the car, the pipes go UNDER the rear end housing (no room to go over the rear end housing because of the coil overs and stock A body gas tank ) and the muffs are mounted between the rear sub frames and rear fenders. The tail pipes from the mufflers are about six inches long bent at a 45 degree down angle, thier mounted so the mufflers exit at the rear bumper, no noise under the car Noise is good at part throttle in the car, everyone that has heard it on the street and at the races says that it sounds really good, mellow and so on The muffs are a set of Magnaflow 3 x 14 inch ovals, side entrance center exit straight through I gained .04 ET and .25 MPH by dropping the entire system off of the car at the local 1/8 track, probally due to the weight loss, not back pressure (I switch headers several years ago from a set of Hooker A body 2 inch primarys fenderwells to a set of Hedman 2 inch primary fenderwells coated black for the Indy heads,not silver like the Hookers are in this picture ) This pcture is before changing the headers so you can't see what I'm talking about, the black coating hides the pipes from most people and also hides the ladder bars You might want to think of using the oval pipes from the headers back to the muffs instead of the round pipes I'm thinking of switching from the 3 inch system to a 3.5 inch system(Spintech makes the pipes and reducers ) and going to the oval pipes at the same time

6727724-MVC-045S.JPG (89 downloads)
Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/13/11 02:14 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)