Quote:

Quote:

I am not sure about installation, but I did hear the automatic trans does have quite a few problems with it. I believe STU has one in his RR.

Hmmmmm ....Stu's problems were a bracket that fell off, and the computer needed to be programmed, other than that I recall him being very happy with his Keisler AOD4......

I've only done the AOD4 in a B body, so I can't comment on an A body install, other than the bellhousing of the transmission is the same as a Mopar design, just that it's modded to adapt the GM AOD4, the transmission is no bigger than a 904/727, the transmission required no floor mods other than the routeing of the shifter cable, you'll have to add a TV cable to your throttle bracket, but that's included in the kit, if your using the factory shifter, a new detente plate is in the kit, so that you have an OD shift detente located in the factory shifter, the transmission lines supplied (braided SS) exit on the passenger side, you'll need to locate the computer shift module somewhere of your choosing, flex plate is a SFI unit, talk to Keisler regarding your Torque converter choice/requirement, their AOD4 kit is about the only true bolt-in kit they offer, with a minimum of fuss to install,....now if you were contemplating a TKO 5 spd in an A body, that's a radical install (floor wise)....but IMHO I believe you be happy with a Keisler AOD4 install, the OD ratio is .70, Keisler also offers a computer upgrade for better programming, to rely on just the preset limits, dosen't do the transmission justice, in the performance you can extract from it

Mike

Here's an thread from ForABodies.com:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=47903