1UglyFish -

Several years ago, I installed a used Edelbrock Performer intake and an rebuilt Q-Jet carb on the 318. The Q-Jet was off of a late 80s Dodge Truck with a 360. The guy who rebuilt it (Chevy guy) installed the jets from a 327 carb. My mileage and power both went up - I am totally happy with the Q-Jet and I highly recommend this carb to everyone.

Right now, I have several tuning issues.
- when I start the truck on a cold winter morning, the truck will idle extremely rough, so I have to step on the gas to increase the idle speed (when I start the truck during a warm summer morning, the carb will kick into a normal fast idle)

-sometimes when I drive away after a cold start (mostly when it was wet out), the engine stalls and is hard to restart. -- after a cold start, I start driving, the truck will hesitate badly until the engine reaches operating temp.

- once in a while, the truck starts a little hard when it is warm. When I first got the carb, it used to start perfect everytime - cold or hot.

Personally, I think the carb is a little lean. I also have Hedman headers, so the lack of a heat riser valve isn't working.

Thanks again 1UglyFish - I enjoy reading your posts on Moparts.