if a tree falls in the...........
we didnt know they were shortcomings.
they were the latest, greatest!
most people didnt scrutinize the paint or body that closely, we wanted power, looks and coolness; besides everyone was to stoned to notice!
this wasnt just the era of 'cars of the day'. this was also, and probably one of the best time period's ever, the era know more for sex and drugs and rock and roll as well as muscle. abundant jobs, cheap gas, woodstock, cheap horsepower, long hair, granny dresses, cheap drugs, great music, go-go boots and free love ruled the day. and then along came vietnam and carpet bombing and protests.
p.s. i dont remeber any of the above! i have it all written down!

you aint lived till your sitting in your 383 gts at big boy at 9 mile and gratiot eating a burger and shake, rocking to hendrix, joplin or led zep and the car next to ya is your buddies 69 r/t charger and on the other side is your other bud who has the 68 hemi rr. either side of them your likely to see the 70 ss camaro and a judge. either side of them and further down the row could be a hot 55 chevy with a glass front end and straight axle and a hurst 442 and a triple black 67 440 4sp gtx and a couple 396 nova's and 454 chevelles and a 69 351 stang and so on.
all of a sudden a built 455 trans am comes rumbling through and produces a few short bursts of hi glasspack rpm trying to drum up some action. lo and behold a 427 tri power vette cranks it up and follows him out. 5 or 7 seven others follow suit and the drive in rocks with thunder and vibration as the procession heads out for some action. as we head up gratiot we observe several cars full of chicks! luckily we find one with 3 and convince them to pull over so we can talk! after doing up some XXX stick we find they know where a party is so we all match up and head out. the party is cranking! schlitz, coke, reds, boonesfarm, roars, hash, speed, mesc, columbian: you name it, they got it. we are pretty mellow so we move on and head out to telegraph looking for the silver bullitt! 5 bucks fills the tank with 100+ octane and we head up to teds where we proceed to do it all over again. we were ing fools!

actually i guess its good those days are long gone.