Quote:

Well,
Usually if you add a rear bar the front bar gets bigger to avoid that power oversteer that was mentioned above. If your car has the "large" front bar then a rear bar may clean up handling. You by NO means have to increase torsion bar size for anti-roll bars to work.

So buy and mount the bar and go somewhere safe, pull a sharp corner and get into the gas halfway round the corner. If the rear tires spin and the rear end comes around, you need a bigger front bar. Here's hoping that won't happen. It did happen to me with a '70 Buick GS455 as a 20-year-old and as you can tell it made quite an impression.

R.

Good suggestion that I'd actually recommend BEFORE you buy the rear bar. If you push it hard in a corner and it starts underteering (pushing the front end, feeling like it wont turn) then adding the rear bar will help even it out.

Conversly, if when doing this it oversteers and the rear comes around, adding a rear bar will only make it worse.

IIRC, the standard front sway bar was 7/8. The bigger factory bar was 15/16. These are still small in comparison to the widely available and cheaply obtained aftermarket 1 1/8" bar.

I also will chime in that adding subframe connectors will probably yield greater driving and handling improvements than adding the rear bar.