Quote:

bought mine from 521 resterations. Called and asked about calibration told me they were all checked to be accurate. Well same problem reads 3/4 when full, reads 1/2 with just 5 gals gone. Is there a fix for this?

If this continues to get worse I would suspect a sinking float.
I also got mine from 521 Restorations. When I got mine I checked it myself. It was within factory spec. When finished I put in 2 1/2 Gals. of gas and drove to the station where I added 5 more. Read just under half full. Time to check up the line. A common problem is resistance or shorts in the connectors and wiring. Be sure the ground strap is properly connected to CLEAN metal. Check continuity from the sending unit wire to the back of the gauge. Also check for resistance to ground with the sender and gauge wires unhooked. A high resistance short here would make the gauge read high.The gauge cluster voltage regulator is usually either good or bad.
If you'd like to reda more:
http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/electrical2.html
Hope this is helpful
Ron

Last edited by runinonmt; 06/15/11 11:39 AM.

In sixty-five I was seventeen and running up one-o-one I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on Jackson Browne-Running On Empty