Quote:

DavidHakim Wed May 12 2004 10:31 AM

Here's the update on the trim rings...

The supplier has the tooling along with the samples that Daniel Banker was kind enough to loan us. Right now the supplier is lookig for a good plating source as the original company is out of business.

We want these things to look and fit just like the originals.

I'm sure everyone will understand.

Thanks,

David Hakim
Mopar Performance Parts

It's been 5 months since this was brought up, I wonder what's the problem.

Here is David Hakim's position on Thu Apr 14 2005 03:05 PM
Quote:

The reason the 15 x 7 Trim Rings have been delayed is quite simple...the original tooling DOES NOT EXIST.

We did an exhaustive search that lasted over four months and we still could not find the tooling.

We do have the 15 X 6.5 trim ring tooling which we have gone ahead and produced products (P5153310 - Chrome, P5153311 - Brushed) since there is still a demand for this size. These are shipping to the Mopar depot in a week.

Now, here's the plan, the supplier has indicated that they they can modify the 15 X 6.5 tooling with an insert so it can produce the 15 X 7.0 trim ring.

We have an original part that OnebadSuperBird has loaned us and I'm hopeful that we may see sample parts in two weeks.

If the 15 X 7 trim ring matches the prints and the actual original part, I post the news along with an ETA on when parts will be in stock.