I rebuilt my slipping-into-drive 727 last winter,and now have a funny noise. It sounds like a power steering pump low on fluid. It only does it under a load, and gets louder with more load. I put a higher pressure spring from A&A in it when I rebuilt it to raise the line pressure and thought it may be a part of the problem,so I took it out and put the stock one back in this weekend.There were a few aluminum "shavings" in the pan when I pulled it off.Still noisy with the stock spring. Another strange symptom it has is that if I brake torque it just enough to get it to make the noise, and then just turn the key off, I can hear the noise "wind down" after the engine and fan have come to a complete stop. When I rebuilt it I put in a 5 disc set-up(A&A)into the 4 disc front clutch,but the rest is the same as it was just with new seals and frictions. The torque convertor is the same ancient 11" Fairbanks which seemed to be O.K. last year. Anyone else ever have this happen? I used a factory service manual,and double checked all of the end plays and other clearances given therein during the rebuild.Could the convertor be taking a s#!t? The thing shifts great and didn't slip into drive on the W.O.T test drive.Any and all thoughts and opinions will be considered,but it looks like it"s going to have to come back out either way.