Quote:

Quote:

Actually those are the weld on Lakewood ladder bars. The clamp on ones mentioned above had totally different front and rear brackets to bolt onto Chevelle, GTO, 442 etc chassis...

That is correct. The bolt-on units were way more complex, attaching to the axle, swing arm and frame rail.

Lakewood ladder bars were a step up from "Traction Bars" at about 3 times the price. They gave you that funny car look to go along with your N50 rear tires, long shackles and Gabriel HyJackers. And they do work.

I believe there was a bolt on version of those bars for leaf spring suspended cars that had the 4 bolt brackets on the axle end and a flat floor plate for the front end.

I think those would look super cool on a day-2 restored B body. Just fab up some U bolt brackets and set em up so that they don't obstruct anything. Would love a pair on my bee.

you guys are correct. the bolt on bars had what was probably a 3" muffler clamp u-bolt to attach over the rear tube & thru the "saddle" on the upper part of the bar[note how the saddle looks suspiciously like the saddle of a muffler clamp in size and material thickness]. there was a triangular pc. comming off the rear part of the bar[pointing inward] that bolted to the lower control arm. the forward mount was more complicated than the one shown, in that it was also triangular in shape and captured the frontpivot of the bar in double shear. my response was just to indicate that it was a "style" of gm coil spring bar, and i'm pretty sure there was a company or two other than lakewood that made similar setups. hopefully, i didn't cause too much confusion.