I have been plagued with a gassy, smelly, car for a few years now. I have parked the car because it is so bad.

Here is my current setup, and then the changes that I have done.

440 .55
10.1 Ross Pistons
Stock ootb eddy heads 88cc I think... 7 years old
Hughes Solid 538/545 with Crane 1.6 rockers
Eddy Dual Quad
2 - 500 VS Eddy Carbs
Shumacher Tri Y's
2.5" X Pipe
2.25" AAR muffler and exhaust.

This thing is gassy! I started the car up and nearly smoked out the shop beside me. Did I mention it is gassy?

Some other info? Car has sat since August of 2010, so today is the first start up.

Cannot remember if the plugs have been changed or not, so that is one thing.

Old Gas. Old Oil.

I had a pair of Carter 625' on it, that I took off because they were to gassy, probably could have left them on, and begun to take fuel away...

When car is warm and it shuts off, it diesal's for a short time.

MP stock distributor. No mods.

Timing, I cannot remember.

MSD Ignition. MSD Coil. MSD 10MM Wires.

Need some where to start, but where?

So here are my thoughts.

New Plugs. I think I have Champ rc12yc, I think.
Gap is pretty big, but maybe to big. I think it is .050. Too big? Too little?

These Eddy VS carbs, is it possible to re-jet down, or meter them down.

My main carburator is the one on the front or closest to the rad? Is this right? They are set progressive.

My distributor has no vacuum hose hooked up. Good, bad or does not matter.

It is now a street car only now. Race days behind us.

Is my exhaust an issue. I mean does having it restrictive like i do, with the better flowing heads etc, is my exhaust now a big plug as it were?

I have a brand new MP .528 cam that I am dying to put in. I have had it for sooooo long now.

This Hughes cam did well for me back in 2004/5, but now is too big for the street ( for me anyways), just wondering if the cam is doing it.

Will I notice a difference in fuel with the smaller cam?

I want to take the family for a cruise sometimes, but not the way it smells now.

OK, sorry for the long novel, but this is almost three years of questions that are flowing out of my fingers tonight.

Go ahead, please give me your thoughts and ideas.

I am ready.

Bryan
1973 Dart Sport with 440