04/02/20 08:02 PM
04/02/20 08:02 PM
langley b.c. canada
D
don miller Offline
don miller  Offline
D

langley b.c. canada
Cab I would have thought that you would have kept one jug untouched just to have a baseline....maybe the random swings are not from your additions? You know to make more like an ABA test.

Last edited by don miller; 04/02/20 08:03 PM.
Re: Update on E85 testing and adding E98 to mine [Re: don miller] #2759187
04/02/20 11:33 PM
04/02/20 11:33 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline OP
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline OP
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Originally Posted by don miller
Cab I would have thought that you would have kept one jug untouched just to have a baseline....maybe the random swings are not from your additions? You know to make more like an ABA test.

You know what happens when we ASSUME, correct whistling
I didn't mark the two jugs that had the stabilizer in them before having all five them filled up two weeks ago realcrazy whiney
That won't happen again thumbs
This is my second go around on trying to make more power with alcohol in one of my race cars, I had tried mixing straight Methanol alcohol with race gas years ago (mid 1970s) to get a 25% mix. That made that car go quicker but I didn't know about Methanol sucking water into it unless it was stored in a air tight container and I didn't know how bad water and Methanol will corrode non coated aluminum. That testing resulted in the mixed fuel eating up one of the two Holley Fuel regulator I had on that car, one for each Carter AFB on a Max wedge motor. That bad regulator starved that carb at WOT and ended up detonating the passenger side of the motor blowing out that head gasket between #4 and #6 cylinders ruining the block and head whiney
Maybe I need another lesson whistling Please God, NO more lessons like that luck

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Update on E85 testing and adding E98 to mine [Re: Cab_Burge] #2760967
04/07/20 12:53 AM
04/07/20 12:53 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline OP
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline OP
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
All five jugs ended up testing around 90% in the first ten minutes after mixing the water with the fuel and shakng it hard and letting it sit between 5 to 10 minutes before looking at the test vial. The mixture was still milky looking at that time but once it sat another 2 to 12 hours it would clear up and read 85 % on all the jugs confused I HATE MURPHY rant
I decided to call the company who made the E98 I had bought from Wal Mart to do this mixing, the owner of the company thought that the new alcohol was not saying mixed with the pump E85 after sitting a while. I have to agree shruggy
I'm going to use this batch up and hope I don't hurt the motor, I will change the jetting up one size on all four jets and hope luck EDITED My fuel system has a custom made anodized black aluminum 7.5 gallon rectangular fuel cell mounted up front of the motor with a BG400 fuel pump mounted to the bottom of the fuel cell mount so the #12 AN inlet fitting on the pump is a tiny bit lower that the drain on the cell, it is fed from the bottom of the cell and the #10 AN Teflon return line from the fuel regulator mounted on the motor plate is dump back in at the top so the fuel is getting mixed up any time the fuel system is flowing fuel through it. The two lines to the carb are #6 AN and all the lines on this car are now all Teflon lined AN lines. I set the pressure at 5.5 lbs. with the motor running, I don't have any way of monitoring the fuel pressure yet while racing it so I'm hoping this system is still working fine luck realcrazy
The next thing is when we will be able to go racing again confused
Stay safe and be ready to go racing soon luck

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/07/20 02:26 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Page 2 of 2 1 2