Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Victor Gen2 Hemi heads, exhaust pushrod clearance, info [Re: hemicar1971] #3222750
03/25/24 06:36 PM
03/25/24 06:36 PM
Stuttgart, Arkansas
rickseeman Offline
master
rickseeman  Offline
master

Stuttgart, Arkansas
I would think the 1.5 ratio would bring the pushrod even closer to the tube and my Stage V 1.6's have near zero clearance. I assume it will take Tim quite a bit of time to get rockers going assuming he is going to make those.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger
Re: Victor Gen2 Hemi heads, exhaust pushrod clearance, info [Re: hemicar1971] #3222778
03/25/24 09:07 PM
03/25/24 09:07 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline OP
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline OP
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Originally Posted by hemicar1971
Originally Posted by rickseeman
Originally Posted by hemicar1971
Stage V heads out of FHO likely does not have this problem do to the size of the work Banning does on the push rod bushing. This is a good read and anyone used these parts BMBlock, Eddy Jr. Heads should make this a read before ordering or assembling.

Where can somebody find this read? Thanks

What I am saying is this thread is a good read. When Banning lived in Bewley, Ontario we would go there a lot. He would put those tubes in the Stage V Heads but were much bigger for a larger push rod.

So the problem seems to be on the Exhaust side of the push rod tube. Lowering the ratio seems to fix the problem with some rockers. I wanted to go the Stage V rockers way and might have to give Banning a call and see what he thinks and if Stage V has a 1.5 exhaust Rocker or something atleast under the 1.6. The final thing will be to mock up the motor and take alook at what clearance is there. The only problem with T&D is the price but you only want to do it once and not have to do it twice if something happens. If you go with a stock Factory type rocker then who would sell the most accurate ratio or is it just buy and hope things add up after checking. Quality control at it best.

Glad you found the thread useful and good reading.

I tested everything I had way back at that time, as well as I could:

[Linked Image]

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2667860/1.html

I'd encourage anyone to check everything out that they possibly can, first hand in combination with their own parts, and later sell off whatever pieces don't work
or find a home for them where they do work.

The TDs solve alot of problems, but for me they are a "maybe later" kind of an item at best.
I'd like to see how it does as-is, first.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Victor Gen2 Hemi heads, exhaust pushrod clearance, info [Re: ZIPPY] #3222785
03/25/24 09:25 PM
03/25/24 09:25 PM
Chicago Blackhawks
H
hemicar1971 Offline
master
hemicar1971  Offline
master
H

Chicago Blackhawks
I totally agree check everything even if a builder says this is ok. Been going through boxes of Race Parts I have had for a long time and I do not like much of the New stuff I bought years ago. Just like buying new even if it costs and have to look into the old and the new to see what is best. One reason I am looking at roller rockers. I know the stock rockers survived in the old days with big rollers and others have said they would be OK but no insight into the new Eddy Jr. head with the Wide pad rockers, but over kill is some times the best way to go. Maybe looking at the T&Ds and make one purchase that takes care of everything. On my friends 8 second car T&D have been on it for years, maybe 20 not sure but a long time. Cleans then a couple of times a year when he checks to see if the rockers have picked up any bad things like extra clearance after a weekend. Now not sure if I would go with the spray bar system like his or the regular system.

Next thing and I have started with this is to see who makes the best roller lifter and one that can be rebuilt, but that seem to be a feat to itself.

Zippy I have read a lot of your post on moparts. I enjoyed be educated on blocks that you worked with in the past.

If we did not enjoy this so much no one would build a big Hemi but the final result is what we strive for.

Still would like to find out more information on the HemiGuys rockers out of Canada, both roller and oem. You would think they would list information when they post on E Bay. If they did and they stood up their sale would be much greater. I might have to take a drive and have a talk with these guys They are said to be not that far from me.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY
Re: Victor Gen2 Hemi heads, exhaust pushrod clearance, info [Re: hemicar1971] #3222897
03/26/24 01:35 PM
03/26/24 01:35 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline OP
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline OP
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
I have to agree, there is not enough info out there on the parts that even used to be available, let alone everything that is available today.

Somewhere, somebody has used every rocker and every cylinder head combination and knows the ins and outs of it all, including the norris and dli stuff that is getting pretty rare
these days.... but those guys aren't talking or thinking about it anymore because they switched to T&D wink

I feel like I want some experience with OE style stuff first.

I deliberately didn't do quite a few obvious things to my 572 so I can step it up later, if desired...and that may not even happen....but my situation is, the entire car needs to be addressed first.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3