Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Online work
I Win
Cab_Burge  Online Work
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
I think if I was driving and saw JJ arms, or who ever was starting them, start to move I would make my move up
The OKC boys video the starting line and don't like you to do that so EXACT details on what makes a jump would need to be discuss before racing devil scope

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Memphis [Re: Cab_Burge] #2637105
03/25/19 07:45 PM
03/25/19 07:45 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I think if I was driving and saw JJ arms, or who ever was starting them, start to move I would make my move up
The OKC boys video the starting line and don't like you to do that so EXACT details on what makes a jump would need to be discuss before racing devil scope

There is no "jump" by Memphis rules. Chase is a race. If one guy jumps and you chase the race is on. If your oponent jumps and you don't move, then he would loose. Think about it. We all leave .4-.5 before the green light. These guys are leaving before the arm drop for sure. But the have it down to a science. The car isn't moving until the arms drop. But the drivers process has started well before that time.
Doug

Re: Memphis [Re: dvw] #2637110
03/25/19 08:05 PM
03/25/19 08:05 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Online work
I Win
Cab_Burge  Online Work
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Originally Posted by dvw
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

There is no "jump" by Memphis rules. Chase is a race. If one guy jumps and you chase the race is on. If your opponent jumps and you don't move, then he would loose. Think about it. We all leave .4-.5 before the green light. These guys are leaving before the arm drop for sure. But the have it down to a science. The car isn't moving until the arms drop. But the drivers process has started well before that time.
Doug

I have seen on the show where one of the racers did move before his arms went up and the other racer didn't move so that racer won by the other car jumping work
When we would race on the streets in SO CA we would, the out of town racers, we would make sure that the starters arms had to be starting down before we could "jump". The starters would point to each car and look for the head nod or thumbs up and once they saw that they would raise their arms above their shoulders and then drop them. If you started to move before the arms where coming down you jumped. I was accuse more than once of jumping but when I explained I saw his arms start down and then hit the throttle instead of waiting for his arms to be pointed straight down before gassing it I usually won the arguments shruggy work
Some times I would wait until I saw the other car start to move before flooring it when I knew I could beat them badly devil whistling
That tactic would sometimes allow me to milk that cow twice or more whistling boogie

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Memphis [Re: an8sec70cuda] #2637118
03/25/19 08:34 PM
03/25/19 08:34 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline OP
master
FastmOp  Offline OP
master

Hot Rod Ridge
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
FastMop...sucks you spun and lost, but at least you got out there and ran them! Good friend of mine is going up there to race them at the end of next month...small block nitrous deal supposedly. Any advice? lol

Test test test. I did. Thought I had a great street tune. It didn't work on there road. The road we were on was no where near the road I tested on or the road I raced them on last time. The new road sux even with rubber on it. Cars that always dead hook blew the tires off.

Page 2 of 2 1 2