nielsville, minn.
Q
quickd100 Offline
master
quickd100  Offline
master
Q

nielsville, minn.
I had problems with Jeff. Long story short I asked Jeff to port my 426-SR heads. He said send -em, said 2 week turn around time. Several months later I learned they were collecting dust there while he was doing heads that came in long after mine had I threatened to show up on his doorstep and talk to him hand to hand and he finally worked on my heads. The work that was done was first rate but he just did a bowl blend and not a porting job.
Life is to short to put up with crap like that. I'd been fine if he'd turned down the job.

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: an8sec70cuda] #3087804
10/20/22 02:01 PM
10/20/22 02:01 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
The sad part is even if you win a judgement you may never collect.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: quickd100] #3087812
10/20/22 02:16 PM
10/20/22 02:16 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Jeff ported several heads for me. He was never very pleasant to talk to, and he wasn't very transparent about the porting work. He wouldn't tell me what he was going to do and sometimes when the heads arrived I wasn't happy with what he had done. I had to have his stuff repaired a few times since he didn't do everything correctly. So I stopped doing business with MCH more than 10 years ago. I never had any transactions with Bob so sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: tboomer] #3087825
10/20/22 02:38 PM
10/20/22 02:38 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by tboomer
I agree with Wes. Try to get your money!

If only it were that easy.

Lawyers cost money. The legal system is a joke. Cops can't do dick. I see the guy who broke into my building and stole thousands of dollars worth of stuff, and got away with it, at the track occasionally.

Pisses me off, I know he did it, he knows I know he did it. He just avoids me. I could do bad things to him with zero remorse. Anything I do will get me in more trouble than him.

Years ago, you could round up some buddies and go take care of business. No more. Now you can kick an old person onto the subway tracks and walk. And the family of that old person would go to jail if they took care of the guy.

These days, you just have to protect you stuff as best you can. And hope you catch them in the act.

Man has a business to worry about. Can't fly across the country and kick a guy's ass. And doing it the right way will cost more than the heads. Sucks, but that's how it is.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: slantzilla] #3087827
10/20/22 02:39 PM
10/20/22 02:39 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Originally Posted by slantzilla

For me it would be more about the principal than the money and knowing he had been exposed for the whole world to see.

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: justinp61] #3087830
10/20/22 02:45 PM
10/20/22 02:45 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by justinp61
Originally Posted by slantzilla

For me it would be more about the principal than the money and knowing he had been exposed for the whole world to see.

People go to jail over principle every day.

Sad part is, A lot of people in the community, maybe even people reading this, will buy stolen stuff from a crook, and not give a damn if they get a deal. Look at what happened at a little head shop in PA.

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #3087840
10/20/22 03:16 PM
10/20/22 03:16 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
"handshake" kind of guys and "You are only as good as your word"..................[440source.com]

i live and breath by this, and if i ever deviate from this in my lifetime, i deserve to be : "tie 'im to the car, and drag 'im !" - ["Ants" - American Graffiti]
beer

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: CMcAllister] #3087844
10/20/22 03:19 PM
10/20/22 03:19 PM
Carson City, NV
440sourcedotcom Offline OP
super stock
440sourcedotcom  Offline OP
super stock

Carson City, NV
Originally Posted by CMcAllister

Man has a business to worry about. Can't fly across the country and kick a guy's ass. And doing it the right way will cost more than the heads. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Bingo!

A few years ago we sent out a $3000 order with a Stroker kit and some other stuff. Even sent it signature required. Fedex shows it's delivered and signed for. Guy says "I never got it." Takes us to small claims court in (Indiana I think..) We have to hire a lawyer (state law). We lose in court because we can't provide actual physical proof we physically placed it into his hands (apparently the Fedex signature doesn't count.) Lawyer says, "Sorry you lost, here's my bill for $1,900.

A year and a half later, we get on online order for a replacement piston. The name sounds familiar. It was the guy who sued us. Ordering a replacement piston for the stroker kit he "never received." We called him up and told him we found it pretty interesting that he needed a replacement piston for a stroker kit that was never received. He tried to play dumb at first and then knew he was caught and hung up on us. We cancelled the order. Joys of doing business! Really 99% of people are great, but there are a few bad apples.

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #3087853
10/20/22 04:06 PM
10/20/22 04:06 PM
NE Ohio
DoubleD Offline
top fuel
DoubleD  Offline
top fuel

NE Ohio
I keep a signed copy of federal court judgement in my lower desk drawer for $78 Million against an individual and assorted companies - just to remind myself its a long way to the Bank from the court house !!!

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: 68shifter] #3088036
10/21/22 11:47 AM
10/21/22 11:47 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Originally Posted by 68shifter
Living in MI our attorney general is an absolute piece of trash. Unless it will benefit her you can forget about it going anywhere.

several years ago Autozone sold me about $450 worth of shop materials on their website, then days later sent an email saying "it was no longer available at that price".

The charges were refunded, but instead of keeping quiet I complained I still wanted the material and the online sale constituted a written contract.

I filed a complaint with MI attorney general and eventually was given about $450 worth of gift cards, and as a partial retaliation they cancelled all my lifetime warranties mostly for parts I no longer own the cars for
(And for those that I do own, I can always buy more alternators and starters somewhere else-literally ANYWHERE else).

Maybe party affiliation makes some mad or whatever, but I am here as a witness, the few minutes it took to fill out the online form
was well worth the time spent.

I would suggest the same to 440 source.

It's not going to hurt to try. Below is a link to the form.

https://secure.ag.state.mi.us/complaints/consumer.aspx

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: 440sourcedotcom] #3088050
10/21/22 12:50 PM
10/21/22 12:50 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by 440sourcedotcom
Originally Posted by CMcAllister

Bingo!

A few years ago we sent out a $3000 order with a Stroker kit and some other stuff. Even sent it signature required. Fedex shows it's delivered and signed for. Guy says "I never got it." Takes us to small claims court in (Indiana I think..) We have to hire a lawyer (state law). We lose in court because we can't provide actual physical proof we physically placed it into his hands (apparently the Fedex signature doesn't count.) Lawyer says, "Sorry you lost, here's my bill for $1,900.

A year and a half later, we get on online order for a replacement piston. The name sounds familiar. It was the guy who sued us. Ordering a replacement piston for the stroker kit he "never received." We called him up and told him we found it pretty interesting that he needed a replacement piston for a stroker kit that was never received. He tried to play dumb at first and then knew he was caught and hung up on us. We cancelled the order. Joys of doing business! Really 99% of people are great, but there are a few bad apples.

I would send an email, with his contact info and what he did, to every business in America that sells anything Mopar related. Have it put on your FB and the rest of it too so when they check up on you, they'll see it.

Re: Anyone talked to Bob at Modern Cylinder Head? [Re: CMcAllister] #3088332
10/22/22 03:20 PM
10/22/22 03:20 PM
Michigan
MarkZ Offline
Worthy
MarkZ  Offline
Worthy

Michigan
Sorry for the crap you went through Brandon. I used one of your rotating kits and other pieces on my 512 build. Turned out great. Both my father and I built strokers (SB and BB) with untouched Eddie heads. Was looking at MCH to do the port work since they're right up the road from us. Screw it, MCH won't be getting our business.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6