Moparts

Best K member for Hellcrate swap?

Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Best K member for Hellcrate swap? - 02/11/24 04:14 PM

Trying to do a little research on a Hellcrate swap into a 70 Challenger. What K member would you suggest as being the best for a street swap. I really want to go with the rack and pinion steering also. Is Magnum Force the best bet? RMS? Thanks in advance
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Best K member for Hellcrate swap? - 02/12/24 01:14 AM

In my view, the Altercation is the best setup to run with a G3....I have two Magnuforce ones, and I think the Altercation is better due to it has its own upper coil over mounts vs using the OEM shock position...I think the geometry is better...Plus, they make tubular motor mounts for a G3 to their K-member.
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: Best K member for Hellcrate swap? - 02/14/24 08:48 AM

With my build of a 70 Challenger with Hellcrate - 6sp manual etc. I used QA1 subframe with stock (reinforced) lower arms, adjustable SPC upper arms, adjustable strud rods, Borgeson steering box, Hotchkiss heim tie rods and sleeves, QA1 swaybar along with Ridetech air ride.
Perfect ride for the street.

Oh and uses Milodon oil pan.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Best K member for Hellcrate swap? - 04/09/24 06:55 AM

Which Milidon oil pan?
I'm wanting to put a Gen 3 in a 1967 Satellite so that oil pan should work in it also up luck work
Thanks in advance bow up: Cab
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: Best K member for Hellcrate swap? - 04/23/24 02:09 PM

Hi Cab,

I believe I have used the Milodon 31030 pan with 18341 pickup.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Best K member for Hellcrate swap? - 04/30/24 06:45 PM

I have the AlterKation in my 70 Challenger but with a 2ND Gen Hemi. No complaints about any of it after 1000's of street miles and plenty of strip passes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums