Moparts

New Holley Single plane intake manifold

Posted By: RTSE4ME

New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/08/23 09:18 PM

Looks similar to the old XV. Wonder how much you lose compared to Prefix med-rise intake.
Might try one.

https://www.holley.com/products/eng...anifolds/cast/single_plane/parts/300-931
Posted By: furious70

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/09/23 03:00 AM

back in the early days of these engines, HotRod or someone tested this style and it eeked out similar or a little better peak HP than OEM intake but the TQ was terrible everywhere but peak IIRC.
I think Engine Masters or Hot Rod Garage did an episode testing the 'cheap early 5.7 carb'ed up' vs eagle OEM manifold and EFI as well.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/09/23 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Looks similar to the old XV. Wonder how much you lose compared to Prefix med-rise intake.
Might try one.

That isn't cheap but it is less that the last 4 barrel intake that I priced.
I'm looking at options for a future 5.7 build and I'm considering the costs of carburetor versus EFI.
That intake and a decent 750 VS carb is around $1000. Then I'd need a way to fire the spark plugs. One aftermarket setup used a different front cover with a real distributor and THAT was a spendy route to go.
Using stock EFI with some stand-alone harness is probably cheaper.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/09/23 03:55 AM

Looks a lot better than the XV manifold, that old thing never looked like it was designed right. I am really tempted to order one of these right now for a customer I'm building a motor for...
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/09/23 12:26 PM

This would be for my little race car. I had a OCP dual plane on it then changed to the Prefix last year.
I had Barton machine my block and he told me the dual plane would cost me at least 50 hp. He was right.
Car felt faster but other issues prevented a full run.

I think cost is a wash. I would go FI for a street car.

Attached picture engine.jpg
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/09/23 03:13 PM

i run the prefix on mine. we were running the Fast efi on it then went to port injection, so this is what it looks like now.

my sone did all the machine work on the intake we just have to remake the pedestals for the fuel rails when we changed to the Hellcat injectors the pedestals needed to be longer.

Attached picture IMG_2089.jpg
Attached picture 20210304_192440.jpg
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 06/12/23 10:42 AM

I'd like to think I had a hand in getting them to make that intake... probably not but that's what I'll tell myself...I had lengthy convos about a year ago and then maybe six months ago with their tech side about lack of offerings for these intakes aside from high-rise version. Told them the obvious, if you plan to run any sort.of hood you were out of luck.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: New Holley Single plane intake manifold - 08/07/23 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Might try one.

That isn't cheap but it is less that the last 4 barrel intake that I priced.
I'm looking at options for a future 5.7 build and I'm considering the costs of carburetor versus EFI.
That intake and a decent 750 VS carb is around $1000. Then I'd need a way to fire the spark plugs. One aftermarket setup used a different front cover with a real distributor and THAT was a spendy route to go.
Using stock EFI with some stand-alone harness is probably cheaper.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...47bCAHpsmONExDAK8d4VhZ0a0iqsaArF4EALw_wc

WAY cheaper than the front drive distributor deal...
© 2024 Moparts Forums