Moparts

What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps

Posted By: Dragula

What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps - 09/25/22 10:28 PM

Looking to see what you guys are using...
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps - 09/30/22 06:00 AM

Assuming your talking 1960/70s swaps, all I know is there are several companies selling components to do engine swaps. Even Dodge sells kits now.
Posted By: 70gtx1

Re: What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps - 09/30/22 04:03 PM

I went with TTI mounts for my Hellcat swap. When I did mine, Holley did not have theirs yet. The Holleys move the engine i believe about 2 inches forward, which would eliminate the need for a low profile coolant manifold for the supercharger in the rear.
Posted By: BDW

Re: What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps - 10/01/22 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by 70gtx1
I went with TTI mounts for my Hellcat swap. When I did mine, Holley did not have theirs yet. The Holleys move the engine i believe about 2 inches forward, which would eliminate the need for a low profile coolant manifold for the supercharger in the rear.

2" move forward, doesn't that cause other problems?
Driveshaft too short,
Transmission has to move with it, shifter linkage?

I bought the Holley mounts, but had to go with TTI mounts when I figured out the TTI shortie headers don't work with the Holley mounts. I already had a complete TTI system in the car, didn't want to have to redo the back.
Removed 340, dropping in 3G and the TTI shorties bolt right up to my existing exhaust.

Don't think my 518 would align up if moved 2" forward.

I'm about 1 month away of firing it up, biggest pain is the wiring
Posted By: furious70

Re: What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps - 10/05/22 03:44 AM

Holley stuff looks to assume you're using all their stuff including trans mount, and while they list 727 they are catering to OD transmissions so all that stuff is changing anyway.
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: What enigne mounts for Hellcat or Redeye swaps - 11/11/22 05:26 PM

you can use Ls mounts and make something up
© 2024 Moparts Forums