Moparts

Question on an E-torque engine

Posted By: morgdavex

Question on an E-torque engine - 06/24/22 09:38 PM

Is there anything special about them? I'm assuming just strip the e-torque motor off and that it's got a special front mount accessory drive that would need to be replaced with a conventional one?

Anything else?
Posted By: furious70

Re: Question on an E-torque engine - 06/26/22 02:55 AM

I asked that here or on FBBO and no one really had an answer. It's my assumption as well - the one I was looking at sold before I had a chance to figure it out.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Question on an E-torque engine - 06/27/22 09:57 PM

The tone wheel is slightly different so the computer can tell if the engine reversed after stopping, they can make it fire back up faster if it don't have to wait for the big tooth to come by. The tone wheel works in older applications but not the other way around.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Question on an E-torque engine - 06/29/22 06:54 PM

what is a E torque engine help?
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Question on an E-torque engine - 06/29/22 08:13 PM

It's the hybrid 5.7 hemi out of the new style rams, it has a bigger belt and an electric motor/generator driven by the belt bolted on the engine, it gives you some extra TQ when the battery is charged and switches to charging the battery when your coasting. They also have start/stop technology so they need to be able to start extremely quickly hence the funky teeth it has to know if the engine went backward at all on shutoff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums