Moparts

'66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap

Posted By: oldjonny

'66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/05/22 11:02 AM

I have been contemplating making a swap in my '66 Coronet. The Holley swap hardware and their associated video indicate that with "no cutting, just minor massaging" and 8HP70 can be fit into the car with their swap kits. I have tried emailing and calling Holley, but I cannot seem to actually get anyone to respond. The sheet metal and pans on my car are pristine and I really don't want to cut the tunnel to pieces...so all I am trying to find out is will it really work to put an 8HP70 in without really having to hack the tunnel. Has anyone on here actually done a swap in a '66-'67? If there is someplace else I need to ask, let me know. Thanks
Posted By: bobby66

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/05/22 02:21 PM

That transmission looks enormous. I doubt it will slip right in where a 904 or 727 once lived. wrench scope hammer up Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/05/22 03:51 PM

There’s a G3 Hemi Swap group on FB that’s pretty good. There’s a couple of Holley engineers that post there also.

Dennis

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/05/22 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy
There’s a G3 Hemi Swap group on FB that’s pretty good. There’s a couple of Holley engineers that post there also.

Dennis

I have managed to avoid FB since it started and will continue to do so. Thanks for the input though.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/05/22 06:06 PM

Facebook will only show you stuff from the people you have in a friends list and groups that you join.

It's not that different from being on Moparts. laugh2

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/05/22 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Facebook will only show you stuff from the people you have in a friends list and groups that you join.

It's not that different from being on Moparts. laugh2

Its still FB which I vowed to never associate with. I will figure it out.
Posted By: 70gtx1

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/07/22 01:52 AM

Many people claim it does fit , with just some grinding off a few tabs on the trans itself, just what i have been reading
Posted By: jrmopar1

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/07/22 04:17 PM

Good luck getting any response from Holley. Their customer service is some of the worst I have ever had to deal with which is why I tell people to stay away from their products. It is a shame since they have had great products that I have used for years but with my recent experiences I will not be buying anything from them since it seems they do not care about the average guy anymore.
Posted By: furious70

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/09/22 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by jrmopar1
Good luck getting any response from Holley. Their customer service is some of the worst I have ever had to deal with which is why I tell people to stay away from their products. It is a shame since they have had great products that I have used for years but with my recent experiences I will not be buying anything from them since it seems they do not care about the average guy anymore.

They've been pretty good to my brother and I answering questions about this swap stuff, even when we're not buying their stuff.

They and the PE firm who owns Comp basically own all of hotrodding now - you need to find a way to co-exist with them!
Posted By: jrmopar1

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 05/14/22 03:35 PM

Wow no need to be angry. I just won't use them anymore and there are other company's out there so need to give Holley all my money when I can support another business that may actually have good customer service.
Posted By: gremlinsteve

Re: '66-'67 B-Body Modern Hemi Swap - 06/02/22 03:21 AM

I have a 426 gen 3 hemi in my 67
I am probably the first to do it 15 or so years ago

What do u need to know
© 2024 Moparts Forums