Moparts

Challenger 1320 in my future

Posted By: Brad_Haak

Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 02:35 PM

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm going to be ordering a 2022 Challenger 1320 and would be interested in hearing others' experiences with that model and Scat Packs in general. It's going to be my daily driver on a limited basis, plus occasional trips to the track. Thx
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 03:57 PM

you are going to love it!! i have a 2020 and don't know why i waited so long to get one. my only complaint is the trans brake. it is a cumbersome process and its takes getting used to but i love the car. for what you get for that price its a big bang for the buck!!! I actually want to buy another one to play with more. I dont drive mine very often as it is a very special car.

Attached picture 20200911_193638.jpg
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 04:23 PM

My brother in law has a scat pack charger. and a good friend of mine has a Challenger hellcat demon redeye widebody or what the name of it is .
But they both LOVE them .
Ive riden in the Challenger, and will say FAST is a huge understatement. Not to mentions stops on a dime and will give you change back

Attached picture IMG_2262.jpg
Posted By: CSK

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:07 PM

I have a 2020 T/A 392, I REALLY like this car, very impressed with everything about it, at 1st the wife was very unsure about it now I can't keep her out of it LOL, I bought Drag radials for it but have not made it to the track yet

Attached picture noK5b1dCTMi_xCoHUuKBog.jpg
Attached picture 217541197_4226259174099426_429510220323377584_n.jpg

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kiddart
you are going to love it!! i have a 2020 and don't know why i waited so long to get one. my only complaint is the trans brake. it is a cumbersome process and its takes getting used to but i love the car. for what you get for that price its a big bang for the buck!!! I actually want to buy another one to play with more. I dont drive mine very often as it is a very special car.

If its hard to get in & out of because of the seats get a Tazer, it allows a automatic easy entry exit seat option, when you turn off the car the seat moves back & the STG column goes up [if you have the power column], when you get back in the car & fire it up it goes back to where you had it, 2021's come this way now from the factory

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:18 PM

things done so far, Tazer, active exhaust delete, mid muffler delete, drag radials & wheels for rear, Lil Devil flares, 180 tstat, bypassed the PCV & breather with a catch can & filters so no contaminated air goes into the intake.
also I took all the neg camber out of it front & rear, now the rear plants the complete tire surface instead of just the inside part of the tread, it made it HOOK much better
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:49 PM

We looked at a TA back in Sept.
Wife wasnt comfortable in it.
So a new challenger is not in our future .
Giving thoughts to look at a 2016 Mustang convertible

Attached picture Resized_20210913_112325.jpeg

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:53 PM

I also put a Down force Solutions Wicker Bill on it.

Attached picture 180529969_3996348963757116_5639257360239473735_n.jpg

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
We looked at a TA back in Sept.
Wife wasnt comfortable in it.
So a new challenger is not in our future .
Giving thoughts to look at a 2016 Mustang convertible

My daughter has a 2018 Mustang GT hard top, she loves it. I tried to convert her but she said NOPE LOL smile
Posted By: Savoy1964

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 05:59 PM

I think you will love it!

Attached picture 1320.jpg
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 06:34 PM

CSK, your challenger looks great.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 06:40 PM

I have a 2021 - you will not regret it - pretty impressive off the showroom floor - mine runs high 11.90's as delivered - they are way faster than the TA 392 and get 24 MPG on the free way - only thing I will say is the drag radials are really bad in the rain - I have another set of Rims and tires for street driving

Attached picture 1320m.jpg

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleD
I have a 2021 - you will not regret it - pretty impressive off the showroom floor - mine runs high 11.90's as delivered - they are way faster than the TA 392 and get 24 MPG on the free way - only thing I will say is the drag radials are really bad in the rain - I have another set of Rims and tires for street driving

How are they WAY faster than a T/A 392 LOL, the ones I see at my track are running high 11's to 12 teens with Drag Radials, the 1320 has a trans brake other than that its the same drive line, AND most people have been running better off the foot brake.

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by moparjim79
CSK, your challenger looks great.

Thank you !!!! smile

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 07:08 PM

Not considering any mods at this time... not even sure how long it's gonna take to get once the order goes in... expecting 2-3 months. I am already thinking of wheel & tire alternatives for general use so as to not wear out the DRs so quickly. Also, it's really odd that it comes w/ them on all four corners.

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/03/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by csk

How are they WAY faster than a T/A 392 LOL, the ones I see at my track are running high 11's to 12 teens with Drag Radials, the 1320 has a trans brake other than that its the same drive line, AND most people have been running better off the foot brake.

They have the same engine - but different transmission and rear-end - along with a totally different suspension - shock set-up and electronics package - basically everything from demon but the engine - A stock TA392 runs mid to high twelves off the show room floor - still an impressive car

I have seen 1320's with different drag tires and skinnies up front with a slightly better exhaust in the low to mid 11's around here - they defiantly like a low DA and really pick-up!

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/04/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by csk

They have the same engine - but different transmission and rear-end - along with a totally different suspension - shock set-up and electronics package - basically everything from demon but the engine - A stock TA392 runs mid to high twelves off the show room floor - still an impressive car

I have seen 1320's with different drag tires and skinnies up front with a slightly better exhaust in the low to mid 11's around here - they defiantly like a low DA and really pick-up!

the 1320 has the same trans as a 392 scat, just has a trans brake & possible a different converter out of the Demon, rear end set up from the Demon you are correct, same ratio so that is the same performance wise.

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/04/21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by csk
Originally Posted by csk

the 1320 has the same trans as a 392 scat, just has a trans brake & possible a different converter out of the Demon, rear end set up from the Demon you are correct, same ratio so that is the same performance wise.

true it is a 8HP70 but interesting that the 1320 is built as regular scat pack - then its off to the up- fitter where everything behind the engine is replaced - the converter is a higher stall and the transmission with trans brake is installed - so while they appear to be physically the same including gear ratios - the valve body is the big difference. Also while at the up-fitter the suspension spring rates are changed and the 3 setting Bilstein shocks/struts (drag, sport and regular mode) and the drag electronics are added along with badging. The other thing that is apparent is weight reduction - as a lot of the sound deadening has been reduced in the 1320 as they ship at about 200 lbs lighter for the full interior version and a little more for the backseat delete option. So the 1320 is just not a trim option like most people think - these were designed to be racing at the drag strip

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/04/21 07:13 PM

Well there is 2 tenths just for the weight .

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/05/21 02:19 PM

Well, here's a bit of a p!sser: found out yesterday that the rear seat option isn't available currently for 2022. I'm back to looking through what's left of the 2021s, or possibly a nice used one. down

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/05/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Well, here's a bit of a p!sser: found out yesterday that the rear seat option isn't available currently for 2022. I'm back to looking through what's left of the 2021s, or possibly a nice used one. down

Are you saying that you can't get a 2022 1320 WITH a rear seat ?

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/05/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by csk

Here's the e-mail discussion w/ the rep, after I noticed the build sheet did not include the rear seat option as specified:

Me: Unless something has changed for 2022 that I'm unaware, the rear seat option can be added as an override of the standard 1320. I've attached the sticker from one of the 2021 cars I found locally, but didn't want because it's Pitch Black. It retains the standard cloth interior, but has both passenger seat and rear seat options (see red oval in lower left corner). It's definitely possible, although confusing. Even the online "Build Your Car" feature doesn't disable the Rear Seat Delete selection when the Rear Seat Option - Cloth option is selected.

The other way is the 1320 Plus package, which is primarily an interior upgrade that includes both front passenger seat & rear seat along w/ leather upgrade. We're not interested in that option.

Rep: Yes that has indeed changed from last year. Once you select the 1320 package, the Rear Seat Cloth options is not available to select. It is not available in the 1320 plus package either. Once you select the 1320 package, it does not allow the Rear Seat Option as an available option. So if that is an important option, I will put you on a waiting list and if/when it is available, I can let you know and proceed with the build from there.

Me: Yeah, one of the reasons we decided to simply order a 2022 because half of the 2021s we've found weren't ordered w/ the rear seat.

Just to be clear, if we add the 1320 Plus Group for 2022, will that include the rear seat is it does for 2021? If so, we'll go w/ the 1320 Plus Group.

Rep: No, the 1320 Plus Group does not give you the rear seat.

This is everything in the 1320 Plus Group.
Power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (SUB)
Door Trim Panel w/Ambient Lighting (CBR)
Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seats (*SL)
Heated Steering Wheel (NHS)
Black-Edged Premium Floormats (CCJ)
Premium-stitched Dash Panel (JAD)
Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ)
Radio/Driver Seat/Mirrors Memory (LEW)

Once you get the 1320 package, you can not get the Cloth Back Seat. Maybe it will change later in the year, but currently you can not get the Cloth Back Seat with the 1320.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy does special orders on a regular basis so I'm 99% sure he's got his facts straight... even though it makes no sense to me. shocked

EDIT: I just posted a question on the General Discussion forum asking if anyone who works at a dealership can confirm this.

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/05/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by csk

Here's the e-mail discussion w/ the rep, after I noticed the build sheet did not include the rear seat option as specified:

Me: Unless something has changed for 2022 that I'm unaware, the rear seat option can be added as an override of the standard 1320. I've attached the sticker from one of the 2021 cars I found locally, but didn't want because it's Pitch Black. It retains the standard cloth interior, but has both passenger seat and rear seat options (see red oval in lower left corner). It's definitely possible, although confusing. Even the online "Build Your Car" feature doesn't disable the Rear Seat Delete selection when the Rear Seat Option - Cloth option is selected.

The other way is the 1320 Plus package, which is primarily an interior upgrade that includes both front passenger seat & rear seat along w/ leather upgrade. We're not interested in that option.

Rep: Yes that has indeed changed from last year. Once you select the 1320 package, the Rear Seat Cloth options is not available to select. It is not available in the 1320 plus package either. Once you select the 1320 package, it does not allow the Rear Seat Option as an available option. So if that is an important option, I will put you on a waiting list and if/when it is available, I can let you know and proceed with the build from there.

Me: Yeah, one of the reasons we decided to simply order a 2022 because half of the 2021s we've found weren't ordered w/ the rear seat.

Just to be clear, if we add the 1320 Plus Group for 2022, will that include the rear seat is it does for 2021? If so, we'll go w/ the 1320 Plus Group.

Rep: No, the 1320 Plus Group does not give you the rear seat.

This is everything in the 1320 Plus Group.
Power Tilt/Telescope Steering Column (SUB)
Door Trim Panel w/Ambient Lighting (CBR)
Nappa/Alcantara Performance Seats (*SL)
Heated Steering Wheel (NHS)
Black-Edged Premium Floormats (CCJ)
Premium-stitched Dash Panel (JAD)
Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ)
Radio/Driver Seat/Mirrors Memory (LEW)

Once you get the 1320 package, you can not get the Cloth Back Seat. Maybe it will change later in the year, but currently you can not get the Cloth Back Seat with the 1320.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy does special orders on a regular basis so I'm 99% sure he's got his facts straight... even though it makes no sense to me. shocked

EDIT: I just posted a question on the General Discussion forum asking if anyone who works at a dealership can confirm this.

Well that is not very smart on their part, thanks for posting

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/05/21 04:48 PM

The place were I got mine Columbiana CJD has two 2021 in stock - they probably have sold 10 of these this year - I know they usually get the quick order 24G package pretty sure the two they have in stock are cloth seat with rear seat - one in frostbite blue and the other triple nickel - Tom McIntee is who i deal with

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/05/21 10:15 PM

do you want the rear seat or do you want rear seat delete?

If you want rear seat delete,,, when you order your car, go to service or parts counter and order the Mopar rear seat delete and it will be in when the car comes in.

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/06/21 12:45 AM

Definitely want the rear seat installed for putting a couple of extra people in the car for normal use. I want a Challenger, not a Viper. grin

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/06/21 01:51 PM

Ahh I get it. The rear seat is almost unusable. it gets really small back there.

Good luck in your findings. and you will love the car its different from a regular scat pack its hard to explain but it is different

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/10/21 05:37 AM

Target acquired: 2021 Sinamon Stick w/ the must-have rear seat. Here it is on the dealer lot before I drove it 120 miles back home tonight.

Attached picture 265228008_10226340917060242_1659576606789102724_n.jpg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/10/21 09:04 AM

Awesome!!! up

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/10/21 01:36 PM

VERY COOL !!!!!

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/10/21 02:17 PM

Nice looking color!!! that was my second choice. wait untill you get 500 miles on it and everything unlocks, that's when the fun begins!!

enjoy your new ride

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/10/21 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kiddart
... wait untill you get 500 miles on it and everything unlocks, that's when the fun begins!!

I
have
no
idea
what
you're
talking
about

There are a bunch of things I need to learn about this car, but whatever you're referring to wasn't even on my radar. tonguue

Re: Challenger 1320 in my future - 12/12/21 01:58 PM

all the race features unlock at 500 miles. trans brake and all the data logging all unlocks, at least that is what my 2020 did. none of the race features worked until i hit 500 miles.

My sales guy told me it was a break in period??

Sorry I should have been more clear.
© 2024 Moparts Forums