Moparts

So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it?

Posted By: Dragula

So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/05/21 08:14 PM

Anyone?
Posted By: fbs63

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/06/21 05:21 PM

Gartlits has one in a front engine dragster. There is a video floating around somewhere.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/06/21 05:50 PM

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN4AX0d0j0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrVUHjLBb4

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/06/21 06:36 PM

Well Nitro Methane from Big Daddy and a 690hp 8-71 blown G3 Hemi aren't selling me on going from a G2 to a lowly G3....My NA G2 makes 840hp, a blown G3 should make more than that....Sad....Looking form someone who has done it, and made an appropriate HP level with it.
Posted By: CSK

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/06/21 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Well Nitro Methane from Big Daddy and a 690hp 8-71 blown G3 Hemi aren't selling me on going from a G2 to a lowly G3....My NA G2 makes 840hp, a blown G3 should make more than that....Sad....Looking form someone who has done it, and made an appropriate HP level with it.

I know you are talking old school blowers, but isn't the Hellcat 6.2 a roots blower ? Many of that style of gen3's making over 1200 hp & more

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/06/21 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by csk

I know you are talking old school blowers, but isn't the Hellcat 6.2 a roots blower ? Many of that style of gen3's making over 1200 hp & more

One, yes, I am talking old school blowers...

Two, doubt but one person on here is making that kind of steam even with the latest and greatest tech on it...I am looking at a more old school build to make 1000hp on good fuel and if anyone has done it. They say theses G3 heads are good, and with them limited to 426 cubes, that's a tall order to keep up with a NA big block...Probably 20lbs of boost to go that fast, so I am curious who has done it. Bet a ton of LS guys have.
Posted By: CSK

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/07/21 12:32 AM

I see Alkydigger has a 10-71 set up for a G3, I am also curious of the outcome
Posted By: furious70

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/07/21 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by csk

One, yes, I am talking old school blowers...

Two, doubt but one person on here is making that kind of steam even with the latest and greatest tech on it...I am looking at a more old school build to make 1000hp on good fuel and if anyone has done it. They say theses G3 heads are good, and with them limited to 426 cubes, that's a tall order to keep up with a NA big block...Probably 20lbs of boost to go that fast, so I am curious who has done it. Bet a ton of LS guys have.

There are some serious guys on hellcat.org, or at least they have serious equipment. Again, that will be OEM or whipple stuff, not an 8-71, but might help you see where people are at.

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/07/21 04:56 PM

Bet a ton of LS guys have. [/quote]

Why dont you just LS swap everything you have!? shruggy All you do is cry. You have been involved with Mopar long enough to know what it entails.
Posted By: 70gtx1

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/08/21 03:02 PM

Probably dont see much with an old school blower because it’s pointless. There are many guys running in the 8’s with factory hellcat blowers, no sense wasting money on something else to downgrade. Oh yeah, and most of those cars are very drivable too
Posted By: GTS340

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/08/21 08:38 PM

Anyone?

Why don't you be the first?

BGE/Hellcat block @ 4.100 bore, 8 counterweight 4.00 stroke crank

https://www.alkydigger.net/proddetail.php?prod=Hemi.Gen3.2051.kit

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/10/21 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by GTS340
Anyone?

Why don't you be the first?

BGE/Hellcat block @ 4.100 bore, 8 counterweight 4.00 stroke crank

https://www.alkydigger.net/proddetail.php?prod=Hemi.Gen3.2051.kit

We decided since they raised the price of the G2 $1000 yesterday to go and build a roots blown 400 stroker for the new car and learn about roots combos from there. I tried calling MMX a bunch, and no answer lately, so this will get us started for now.. We know how to build an +800hp wedge that will live all season without any valve adjustments or really any maintenance except regular oil changes...So our plan is to be around 500 cubes, +9:1 compression, about .700 lift cam, Indy heads with big valves, and a Killer Ron's Terminator injection on meth with a TBS 8-71 and sneak up on a tune up that doesn't split the block in half. Later, the goal is to add an efi plate underneath the Ron's with injectors in it and run a TPS sensor on the Ron's and get away with pump gas and less boost on the street. This way we can switch back and forth and be legal in Nostalgia trim with the thought of doing Drag Week some day.

And I guess I will save my ported G3 heads for another day...

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/11/21 08:17 PM

1161hp Mopar 472 cubes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsRvLfiFfdQ

LS 427 cube right around 900 on pump gas...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlA12YVS3YA

MMX didn't even want to talk with me about it. Talked with their engine builder about it.

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/12/21 11:54 AM

MMX didn't even want to talk with me about it. Talked with their engine builder about it. [/quote]

Thats because unless its a screw blower you are wasting your time. Many, more efficient options out there.

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/12/21 05:25 PM

Not legal in the class I run....And boost is boost, no?
Posted By: blowndart

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/12/21 05:57 PM

Not legal in the class I run....And boost is boost, no?
No, boost is not boost. A more efficient blower will produce a denser charge at the same boost level because it does not heat the air as much as a less efficient blower at the same boost level.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/15/21 06:15 PM

Dragula,

not sure why you are not seeing the 1000hp Gen 3's they are all over the place, sit and watch some the the Hemi challenge cars(New Hemi Challenge) these cars are getting it done. you tube is loaded with videos.

just sayin
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/16/21 08:40 PM

Man, I thought I was old at 76 yrs. whistling
old guys having fun up bow whiney

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/19/21 12:26 AM

Well I found a brand new G2 Hemi block for $4800...So I guess we will see what I can do with that.....Guess my high flow ported G3 heads will sit another year until the new G3 block is available and I can go 471 cube G3....
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 11/23/21 07:07 PM

How about this one

Attached picture 260411618_3019348818380201_1635872437001468012_n.jpg
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 12/18/21 12:45 PM

there's a 05 C300 that shows up to Numidia once in a great while, 400Ci 440k lbs race weight 871 small cam 608"/608" lift, 248°/252°@.050, 114° runs 5.70/80s in the 1/8 low 9's in the 1/4 , bent his ear a few times when my Daughter was switching her 76D100 over from NAG3 to blown G3 ,
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 01/12/22 04:32 PM

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/features/blown-post-apocalyptic-300c-case-study-diy-ingenuity/

This guy did it. Just joined https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/
Posted By: BEINGmeISaCRIME

Re: So who here has done a G3 with a roots blower on it? - 06/05/22 07:48 PM

Had plans to do this on my 70 coronet..... ended up buying a kit for a RB...

First issue I came across was finding an intake.... the intake I wanted to use you can find on BDS or Alkydigger's website... they come from a place called the crank shop and the place casting them burnt down. So those manifolds aren't being made to my knowledge... this was back in 2021 though.

If you can't get that particular intake, the second option is getting a modman intake and putting their adapter plate on it for the roots style supercharger. They make two different thickness plate... 7/16" & 1/2" as I recall.

For the front drive - BDS has what you're looking for.

That's about all I know on it - I can't wait to get my 8-71 installed on my 440. Yes, we all know there are more efficient superchargers out there today but none of them have that *wow* factor.
© 2024 Moparts Forums