Moparts

Oil Change Question

Posted By: Kiddart

Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 02:44 PM

Hi All,

I find this hard to believe but need to verify, I bought my Challenger 1320 last year on Sept 11th. I drove for a few miles and have parked it for the winter started on nice days and got to temp of course. So I get an email from Dealership that it is time for an oil change, the car has 1300 miles on it. I think it is to soon but i also don't know if there is break in oil in it or is it good for 3000 miles? I did call the service manager and he said I should bring it in because oil gets old?? Need some advise all my other cars get oil changed at 5000 miles according to service records and manual. I have not opened up the manual because i want to keep things preserved as delivered best i can.

what say you??
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 04:06 PM

3niner2 .... consider yourself into THE LOOP of the most expensive oil change “circus” that FCA has invented !

6 months or 6000 miles .... whichever occurs FIRST !

The reason ? ... shruggy ... even the apimp at the SRT contact at FCA doesn’t know ! And REMEMBER... the SRT cars require a special spec 0-40 oil ... 12633 ...IIRC.

Maybe .... because of special piston cooling needs and/or the HP nature of the engines PLUS them having MDS.

There’s a guy here ... mopJ ? ... who said he did a deep investigation of this situation.... I’d like to know the exact reasoning behind these requirements......

These SRT engineers certainly are more knowledgeable than I am ...
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 05:01 PM

my 6.4 SRT8 in my 2011 ram would not quit ticking until I put in 5-40 Mobile one synthetic. I never seen an engine so picky about the exact kind of oil it had in the crank case butt luckily it ain't too expensive to buy at wal mart and do it myself.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 05:21 PM

Let me add Niner .....

That service MANAGER ? ... is incompetent and should be fired .....

What he said in purely dishonesty tsk
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 05:26 PM

Its just a marketing deal, they want you to come in. They would have sent that if you had driven 1300 or 13000 miles. It likely has zero to do with your actual oil change interval and its just a timed reminder automatically sent out.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Its just a marketing deal, they want you to come in. They would have sent that if you had driven 1300 or 13000 miles. It likely has zero to do with your actual oil change interval and its just a timed reminder automatically sent out.

That oil change interval IS THE RULES ... I understand that ....

But for that apimp to flat out lie in this case with claiming the oil gets old ....

Shame on him

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 06:43 PM

No, the oil don't get old (well technically it gets older just like everything but does not degrade significantly without being used) , the issue that can demand some people get oil changes at very low miles and long amounts of times is how that mileage was put on the car, was that 1300 miles put on 1/4 mile at a time with a complete cool down between every run? Grandma driving down the block for groceries in the winter without ever warming the engine up? That can add lots of contaminates (mostly condenstion) into the oil that can result in sludge witch would necessitate more frequent oil changes, or did you drive it one time on a 1300 mile round trip? In that case there is probably no discernable difference in the ability of the oil to properly cool and lubricate your engine parts. They probably are assuming lots of short trips without warming the engine if you have very low miles after 6 months witch could be valid point or completely off.
Posted By: ek3

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 10:22 PM

and mobile 1 extended perf. says 15,000 miles. backed by a warranty ................. full syn. is min 7000 miles... but if the dealer is covering the warranty, they get the call !

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/15/21 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ek3
and mobile 1 extended perf. says 15,000 miles. backed by a warranty ................. full syn. is min 7000 miles... but if the dealer is covering the warranty, they get the call !

.... so Mobil1 has an engine warranty on a 15k change cycle ?

NOW ... from what I’ve been told ... there are only two major brand oils with that 12633 spec ...

V and P ...
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/16/21 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by ek3

Why is it frequently called "mobile" (sic)??

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/16/21 02:00 PM

I get what you guys are saying. I would guess the trips taken to get to 1300 miles were about 100 miles at a time give or take. yes I made a few hot shots down m59 and another side road i live off of but not all at full throttle. my average speed on the freeway was 80 with an exception of a few foot to the floor from 80 to 110 on the freeway, the car has been treated like a creampuff. I will bight the bullet and get the oil changed to keep all warranty folks happy and within the guidelines of what needs to happen. I will have this car for a very long time so it needs to be treated very well. As i like to say jokingly, its only money i will make more.(sooner or later)

thanks guys and if anyone gets the answer to the deep dive of why feel free to add it in here i am interested in the answer
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/16/21 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by formula_s
Originally Posted by ek3

So that people can point it out on the internet.
Posted By: ek3

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/16/21 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by ek3

i did not know they had a 20,000 mile oil !!! https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants...msclkid=e856110e1d9a1bf74d32715f0f10ea9a
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/16/21 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by ek3
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by ek3

i did not know they had a 20,000 mile oil !!! https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants...msclkid=e856110e1d9a1bf74d32715f0f10ea9a

Pretty sure back in the 70-80’s it was touted as 25,000 mile oil.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/17/21 01:11 AM

In the 70 and 80s ... so my grandpa told me ... the way those motors leaked (aka blowby) ... the oil in the pan after 25,000 miles would be 50% gasoline!
Posted By: Jambbii

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/17/21 02:15 PM

Speaking of oil changes....why the heck do the different hemis have different requirements (my 5.7 vs 6.4bge)? My 6.4 makes all sorts of weird noises with the 0-40 vs my 5.7 were you can just hear the injectors.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/17/21 10:09 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Originally Posted by Jambbii
Speaking of oil changes....why the heck do the different hemis have different requirements (my 5.7 vs 6.4bge)? My 6.4 makes all sorts of weird noises with the 0-40 vs my 5.7 were you can just hear the injectors.

What specific oil are you using in the 6.4 ?

THOSE require that 12633 spec oil tsk
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 12:08 AM

The 6.4 engine is built with very tight tolerances, the 5.7 is a "looser" engine. There is a ton at play when the manufacturers designate an oil and weight. They have to check all the boxes, not just 1 or 2. So they shoot for all around decent oil, where if you find a brand and weight that works in your engine, you may leave a little on the table in some areas, and gain in others.

These engines should have never been designed with MDS, thats my opinion. Many will argue the mileage difference, but I DID do many real world tests in the last charger I had (5 speed), the mileage was within 1 mile TOTAL round trip between MDS ECO MODE on and with it turned off.

If your hearing strange noises, pin point it before a problem gets away from you. Yes, the injectors can be loud, but know the difference between them and clack lifters and/or exhaust leaks.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
[spoiler][/spoiler]

What specific oil are you using in the 6.4 ?

THOSE require that 12633 spec oil tsk

Mobile One

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by moparjim79

The 6.4 engine is built with very tight tolerances, the 5.7 is a "looser" engine. There is a ton at play when the manufacturers designate an oil and weight. They have to check all the boxes, not just 1 or 2. So they shoot for all around decent oil, where if you find a brand and weight that works in your engine, you may leave a little on the table in some areas, and gain in others.

These engines should have never been designed with MDS, thats my opinion. Many will argue the mileage difference, but I DID do many real world tests in the last charger I had (5 speed), the mileage was within 1 mile TOTAL round trip between MDS ECO MODE on and with it turned off.

If your hearing strange noises, pin point it before a problem gets away from you. Yes, the injectors can be loud, but know the difference between them and clack lifters and/or exhaust leaks.

Being a tighter engine would be my assumptions as well, as the oil requirements would believe me to think.

My 18 Powerwagon and 12 Durango have the exact same lifters (5.7 was updated with cam swap). For example if I just move my PW around in my driveway and it doesn't warm up before shutting down the lifters will rattle next time for a few seconds as they pump up (truck has 22k on it). The Durango never does this and in normal driving situations the 18 doesn't either. My assumption is the heavier oil . This is more of an observation, I do not think there is a problem of any sorts.

Looking back I wish I would have deleted the MDS on the Durango but that thing actually uses it a bunch when on the freeway compared to my PW.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 04:30 PM

My 2011 with 6.4 SRT8 ram definitely saves fuel in 4 cyl mode, easily 1 MPG vs turning it off, it uses it a lot more than the 5.7 especially since I added the vararam intake. Now if I am driving 80+ MPH it barely uses it. Also I have dug into hundreds of these MDS engines dodge engines and NEVER seen wear that could be caused by the MDS, it is extremely reliable unlike chevys AFM system, that thing is pure garbage.

As far as different viscosities, some engines have engine oil coolers that keep the oil a more consistent temp, also the vehicle it's in might run higher oil temps because it's working harder, add that in with the previously mentioned clearances and it opens up a plethora of possibilities as to the best viscosity of oil.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 09:02 PM

Mobil1 oil is not the required spec tsk

mopJ proclaimed on another topic that he had done LOTS of research on this ...,

MOPj ... wasssupy ?
Posted By: CSK

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 09:14 PM

I changed the oil in my new Challenger T/A 392 @ the 1st 500 miles, AFTER I did a proper break in smile

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by csk
I changed the oil in my new Challenger T/A 392 @ the 1st 500 miles, AFTER I did a proper break in smile

...AND the filter ? Which oil did you use ?

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 09:34 PM

Mobil1 oil is not the required spec tsk

mopJ proclaimed on another topic that he had done LOTS of research on this ...,

MOPj ... wasssupy ?

Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!! Going to go change it right now!

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by csk

...AND the filter ? Which oil did you use ?

Yes I used a mopar filter, the same part # that was on the car & yes on the oil Pennzoil SRT 0/40, I see mopar has a special SRT oil filter also, I need to research whats different on that

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 10:36 PM

This is the info I found on the SRT filter. next oil change I will go with this one

041AA Filter -
"For track-day use, SRT engineers suggest using the SRT oil filter (part number 05038041AA). Originally designed for Viper applications, it works great with all Chrysler V8 engines."

This information was sent out in a SRT news release and was publically verified by SRT engineers, and confirmed during a SRT Engineering chat session. The 041 is a factory and certified Mopar part.

"The SRT oil filter for all the past engines and the new 22mm inlet SRT filter for the Gen 4 and beyond engines share the same characteristics.
We worked with many of the filter suppliers to get the best features. Some fell out for various performance reasons but we ended up developing the current SRT filters with one of the mainstream manufacturers (it is different than their commercial offerings - or at least was when we developed it). The high flow oil pumps in our large engines (Viper is the biggest) can overpower the internal relief valve. When this valve opens it allows some of the high pressure dirty oil to bypass the filter element in order to keep the filter from being damaged. The SRT filters do indeed have a higher differential bypass valve to make sure all the oil delivered to your powerplant is clean. The housing is slightly thicker than many of the brands out there to handle the pressure but is not the thickest. The real thick ones failed our development testing (fractured at the crimped flange). The media used was one of the latest synthetics that allowed very fine filtration, more debris capacity, and much lower restriction than our standard Mopar filter (and just about every other filter out there). The final result was clean oil to your Snake, all the time, with more pressure to the internals where it is needed. I would fully recommend using this filter in your beast, I do in mine. Hope this info helps. KCC"

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 10:38 PM

Gents, if you want to get serious about an oil conversation, visit Bob is the oil guy .com. long reads, but informative.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/18/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by csk
This is the info I found on the SRT filter. next oil change I will go with this one

041AA Filter -
"For track-day use, SRT engineers suggest using the SRT oil filter (part number 05038041AA). Originally designed for Viper applications, it works great with all Chrysler V8 engines."

This information was sent out in a SRT news release and was publically verified by SRT engineers, and confirmed during a SRT Engineering chat session. The 041 is a factory and certified Mopar part.

"The SRT oil filter for all the past engines and the new 22mm inlet SRT filter for the Gen 4 and beyond engines share the same characteristics.
We worked with many of the filter suppliers to get the best features. Some fell out for various performance reasons but we ended up developing the current SRT filters with one of the mainstream manufacturers (it is different than their commercial offerings - or at least was when we developed it). The high flow oil pumps in our large engines (Viper is the biggest) can overpower the internal relief valve. When this valve opens it allows some of the high pressure dirty oil to bypass the filter element in order to keep the filter from being damaged. The SRT filters do indeed have a higher differential bypass valve to make sure all the oil delivered to your powerplant is clean. The housing is slightly thicker than many of the brands out there to handle the pressure but is not the thickest. The real thick ones failed our development testing (fractured at the crimped flange). The media used was one of the latest synthetics that allowed very fine filtration, more debris capacity, and much lower restriction than our standard Mopar filter (and just about every other filter out there). The final result was clean oil to your Snake, all the time, with more pressure to the internals where it is needed. I would fully recommend using this filter in your beast, I do in mine. Hope this info helps. KCC"

Cool info! Thanks for posting! I'm going to grab one.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 12:53 AM

mopJ .... WHERES all that research data you did on the SRT specific oil ?

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 02:10 AM

My man, if your trolling, knock it off. If your talking about the post you made regarding srt specific oil, and the comment I made about the research I have PUT INTO HEMI LIFTER FAILURE, not oil research, im sorry if you misconstrued or got butt hurt. That was not my intention at the time. If you are asking me for a specific document or a research paper I released to the public, you got me. I dont have it or one. But what I did do is spend every night for weeks studying cause and effect scenarios and the fixes for them. The problems range from factory recommended products being used to high end after market, and also lower end readily availible consumer grade stuff, and the failures were still there. Can you explain a factory warranty replacement engine lasting 2 weeks? Neither could FCA. But its happened to more than one unfortunate owner. These are all engines with said magical srt oil installed. Lots of these machines are lovingly cared for, and they still suffer this fate. I cannot explain why.

If you still have an issue with me giving you an option for oil changes like you asked, I dont know what else to tell you guy. But what I can tell you is, all the work you put into finding a decent deal on an srt specific vehicle, you can't tell me you didn't realize with these cars if you want to play, you gotta pay. The cost of ownership is gonna be higher than what the cost of ownership is with a caravan.

To the O.P., sorry if that got a little off topic.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 02:35 AM

Amsoil makes the srt spec oil also

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 04:58 PM

you are good with me Moparjim!!!!!

this is all great info, i am willing to Pay to Play!!!! its not a daily driver therefore if i could not pay the upkeep and afford the gas then i should never have bought it. lucky for me, i am blessed to be able to afford this luxury in my life

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 392Hemi

this is all great info, i am willing to Pay to Play!!!! its not a daily driver therefore if i could not pay the upkeep and afford the gas then i should never have bought it. lucky for me, i am blessed to be able to afford this luxury in my life

The pay to play comment wasn't aimed towards you. And I'm always glad to see people able to afford toys like these!

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 11:12 PM

The pay to play comment wasn't aimed towards you. And I'm always glad to see people able to afford toys like these!

Wasssupy mopJ. .. who wizzed in your corn flakes today ?

Not able to P2P ? .. moi ? ... the near 40k$ was paid off ... last year ?

Able to afford ? .. I’m just not stupid with my money. YOU handle YOURS as you see fit

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by csk
Amsoil makes the srt spec oil also

cSk ... what’s that specific oil number ?

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 11:18 PM

My man, if your trolling, knock it off. If your talking about the post you made regarding srt specific oil, and the comment I made about the research I have PUT INTO HEMI LIFTER FAILURE, not oil research, im sorry if you misconstrued or got butt hurt. That was not my intention at the time. If you are asking me for a specific document or a research paper I released to the public, you got me. I dont have it or one. But what I did do is spend every night for weeks studying cause and effect scenarios and the fixes for them. The problems range from factory recommended products being used to high end after market, and also lower end readily availible consumer grade stuff, and the failures were still there. Can you explain a factory warranty replacement engine lasting 2 weeks? Neither could FCA. But its happened to more than one unfortunate owner. These are all engines with said magical srt oil installed. Lots of these machines are lovingly cared for, and they still suffer this fate. I cannot explain why.

If you still have an issue with me giving you an option for oil changes like you asked, I dont know what else to tell you guy. But what I can tell you is, all the work you put into finding a decent deal on an srt specific vehicle, you can't tell me you didn't realize with these cars if you want to play, you gotta pay. The cost of ownership is gonna be higher than what the cost of ownership is with a caravan.

To the O.P., sorry if that got a little off topic.

TROLLING? ... is asking you to share info you said you had ?

And now you mention that the 6.4 shouldn’t have MDS ?

I’ve had very good results with mine ...

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 11:28 PM

LEAST I forget .....

I called Amalie tech and had a nice chat with someone in sales ....

He’s having an engineer call me that is familiar with the 12633 spec

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 11:47 PM

LEAST I forget .....

I called Amalie tech and had a nice chat with someone in sales ....

He’s having an engineer call me that is familiar with the 12633 spec

Attached picture 161982830_3825611044193684_4375504889773976570_n.jpg

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/19/21 11:48 PM

OOPPPS not that picture LOL

Attached picture Screenshot (117).png

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/20/21 12:01 AM

TROLLING? ... is asking you to share info you said you had ?

And now you mention that the 6.4 shouldn’t have MDS ?

I’ve had very good results with mine ... [/quote]

Doc, dont play dumb you know exactly what I'm talking about with the way you inquired. Im pretty sure I laid it out for you.Thank you, I will do as I see fit with my cash, as you have with yours. And I'm glad you have not had any problems with your mds. I wish you the best with your rig.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/20/21 01:19 AM

EXCUSE ME for asking a question from someone who proclaimed he had done a ton of research on these oils and the requirements of the SRT cars .... tsk

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/20/21 12:13 PM

EXCUSE ME for asking a question from someone who proclaimed he had done a ton of research on these oils and the requirements of the SRT cars .... tsk

Doc I'm not here to have a back and forth like this with anyone, cool your engines.

On that note, I would like to also point out that some of the forums that I extracted RESEARCH from did have and may still have live Q/A sessions with members of the SRT engineering team on occasion. Something to look into.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/20/21 06:57 PM

But mopJ ... back and forth IS WHAT these Internet forums are ALL ABOUT tsk

Why not post a few links on any of those informative articles?

I have some interesting screenshots to post later

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/22/21 03:59 PM

No offence taken, So if I did choose to run Amsoil I could without hurting my warranty? not sure, but just asking.

I did get the oil changed and was asked are you sure you want your oil changed with only 1300?? I asked "if i don't will i have any warranty issues??????" he said you better change your oil. I said lets not put off to tomorrow what you can be doing right now. total bill $108.64

Not bad plus I got to spend the entire afternoon and evening of uninterrupted time with my wife!!! that is priceless!!!

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/22/21 11:01 PM

$108??? Totally worth it. You're time is valuable. Let someone else do it and these are the same people that see these cars everyday so they can tell you if something is out of place. Now when your warranty runs out, thats an expensive oil change. Since they are in bed w pennzoil, amsoil probably won't cut it.....even though its a superior product.

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/23/21 03:04 PM

That's how i feel!!

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/26/21 03:49 AM

It all depends on what your time is worth TO YOU ......

The first time I set up the oil change was about 2 hours total .... setting up the rineno ramps ... then the additional 2x4 lead ups to those....

THEN using those and having to lift one side slightly.....

The second time ... 30 minutes ... ON THE GROUND ....

My cost .. V 12633 oil with the Mopar filter ... 45 beans ....

108$ at a dealer ? ... I’ll GLADLY pay meself 100$+ per hour !

And I’ll KNOW the job was done right !

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/26/21 04:02 AM

$108??? Totally worth it. You're time is valuable. Let someone else do it and these are the same people that see these cars everyday so they can tell you if something is out of place. Now when your warranty runs out, thats an expensive oil change. Since they are in bed w pennzoil, amsoil probably won't cut it.....even though its a superior product.

mopJ ... BUT HOW about the time spent at the dealer ?

I called a dealer ... it’s about a 30 minute job .... THAT IS IF they have an opening ...

I asked them RIGHT NOW .... wait time was about an hour ... plus the time it takes to do the actual task

Amsoil superior ? ... pray tell !
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/26/21 05:10 PM

So you got Defective oil from the start? "It was old"... Sounds like a Warranty oil change to me.... lol
How many times did it get changed While sitting before it was sold.. Zipp i bet...
Someone is out in left field.... Oh Boy..
Drive it and have fun with it... Cheers

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/26/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by racerhog
So you got Defective oil from the start? "It was old"... Sounds like a Warranty oil change to me.... lol
How many times did it get changed While sitting before it was sold.. Zipp i bet...

So HOGster .. jsta DRIVE IT and don’t worry about the warranty? PAST the initial drive ??

I’d like to hear from people who have gone in that direction. NOT to abuse the car and not do proper maintenance.... I’m not suggesting NOT using the correct engine oil.

LIKE .. putting a light duty trailer hitch on it for a bike rack or towing a jet ski ....

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/26/21 06:12 PM

So HOGster .. jsta DRIVE IT and don’t worry about the warranty? PAST the initial drive ??

I’d like to hear from people who have gone in that direction. NOT to abuse the car and not do proper maintenance.... I’m not suggesting NOT using the correct engine oil.

LIKE .. putting a light duty trailer hitch on it for a bike rack or towing a jet ski ....

LOL, smile I cut off my mufflers & it had less than 500 miles on it & changed out my rear disc pads because the factory ones dont touch on about .5inch of the outer part of the rotor, solved that sh_t

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/26/21 10:21 PM

Doc Fiberglass my hourly rate is much more than $108 per hour. so it was money well spent. this is a toy not a daily driver. and if you need to know, i also bought the 10 year warranty as well for the extra money. it is piece of mind for me and my wife not anyone else. so yes my time is worth plenty.

Racer Hog the oil was only a few days old, the car came off the line and onto the transport truck the first week of September shipped to the dealer unloaded on the 9th of September and i took delivery on the 11th day of September 2020. the car is a one of one according to FCA records and a total 419 Scat Pack 1320's were built in 2020, so i think the car is worth giving it some respect and tender loving care from my eyes.

I am not sure why or how this thread became a cost of the oil change to the worth of ones time. I love being on Moparts but sometimes most just need to not worry about others financial situations.

I appreciate all the concern and comments and have read them all carefully as to not twist them.

it comes down to warranty and i don't want to screw that up at all.

thank you all

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/27/21 03:27 AM

WELL good fur YOU ..,, 3 ninety TWO !

Ten year warranty??!!

But STILL .... if it’s TIME that’s most important... DIY still wins that battle tsk

The time driving to the dealer and the waiting for them to get it on the rack then actually doing the OC.

AND be sure they use the 12633 oil !

Now if you don’t like getting your hands dirty .... thats anutter story
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/27/21 10:32 AM

Hi All,

Need some advise all my other cars get oil changed at 5000 miles according to service records and manual. I have not opened up the manual because i want to keep things preserved as delivered best i can.

what say you??

Manuals are available online as a pdf download. I change my cars according to the manuals. I never hit the mileage, but do it based on time frame in the owner manual or when the light comes on. I have lifetime powertrain warranties on 2 of the 3 and don't want to void the warranty over saving $40 (or what ever it costs) for an oil change.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/27/21 06:51 PM

WELL good fur YOU ..,, 3 ninety TWO !

Ten year warranty??!!

But STILL .... if it’s TIME that’s most important... DIY still wins that battle tsk

The time driving to the dealer and the waiting for them to get it on the rack then actually doing the OC.

AND be sure they use the 12633 oil !

Now if you don’t like getting your hands dirty .... thats anutter story

This is exactly why I do it myself, hate waiting on dealer, they're always trying to sell me another car or something else too while I'm waiting.
And honestly, I really don't trust them either. Last time I had an alignment done, I found a 18mm wrench in the engine compartment when I got home, and that was on my 70

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/28/21 05:42 PM

Service it at the proper intervales... Use the recommended Lubricant... Hope you don't have to worry about using the warranty..

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/28/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by csk

LOL, smile I cut off my mufflers & it had less than 500 miles on it & changed out my rear disc pads because the factory ones dont touch on about .5inch of the outer part of the rotor, solved that sh_t

Sound like someone stole your catalytic converter to me... Hot commodity now days...

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/31/21 02:00 PM

Service it at the proper intervales... Use the recommended Lubricant... Hope you don't have to worry about using the warranty..

Clarify please ! ... proper lubes are a given !

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/31/21 02:03 PM

I gus we will all haveta wait on the explanation on the statements about ...

Amsoil being a superior product... and that 10 year warranty.... whistling

Re: Oil Change Question - 03/31/21 11:25 PM

I gus we will all haveta wait on the explanation on the statements about ...

Amsoil being a superior product... and that 10 year warranty.... whistling

And those screen shots? Asshat

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 02:57 PM

NO NEED to sign your post like that tsk

We all know ur JUST THAT ... and talk out of your azz much of the time xmaseek

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 03:22 PM

Ok guy, if I talk out of my rear so much, site the times I do? I try to contribute to the board in a factual, experience based way when it come to the tech side of things. The "challenges" you've posted towards me have been quelled with my responses, but it seems like you're still just either trolling or trying to antagonize me? Ok.

You have a problem 1- with reading comprehension.

2- with being proven wrong or proven there are other methods of approach to a problem in the hunt for a solution.

Yeah, I also share my opinions on things like value in the w.i.w. section, just like your so apt to do.

I would like to think in this thread, our exchanges started out positively, then I felt like you were looking for a fight after that. What gives man, are you that lonely? Bored?

So uhm, how about those screen shots?

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 03:30 PM

Starting a fight ?

Oh PLEASE .... look at what you did yesterday

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 03:32 PM

My rebuttal to your passive aggressive remarks

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 03:39 PM

Passive aggressive?

Jsta answer the question about Amsoil tsk

And you started with the vulgarity and good fight

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 03:42 PM

Are we the next Grizzly and Pacnorth?

Love you man

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 04:17 PM

Ooooops ... that other post should have been FOOD FIGHT ...

And I left a site YEARS AGO to hopefully avoid confrontation....

Grizzzzzz ... will bury PAC apimp ... penguin

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/01/21 04:20 PM

NOW on topic .....

On the 12633 spec .... anyone have a definitive answer ?

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/02/21 01:04 PM

I am really Feeling large Regret starting this post.

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/02/21 11:53 PM

I am really Feeling large Regret starting this post.

Sorry to hear that 3 ninety 2 .... didn’t mean it to be traumatic 4 u .....

Would an ESA be soothing?

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/03/21 05:19 PM

No worries.... Its just Doc Being Doc... realcrazy

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/03/21 05:23 PM

No worries.... Its just Doc Being Doc... realcrazy

I had LEGIT questions and some people take it off the deep end or get their feelings hurt ?

PUT your BIG BOY pants on ... on a internet discussion
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/04/21 02:15 AM

Simple answer is when do you ninnies change your depends. Woked oil changes is the new norm.

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/06/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Simple answer is when do you ninnies change your depends. Woked oil changes is the new norm.

SEZ the apimp from yOoPeR Michigan .. that area very rarely gets over 10 below zErO ....

....and wears HIS Depends - triple layer - for MAXIMUM containment AND to keep TOASTY warm... xmaseek

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/12/21 10:14 PM

I gus the oil expert is outa gas !

ANYONE know the details on the 12633 spec ?

Since the other guy is content with his ESA .... I’ll start anutter topic about the warranty question

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 03:16 AM

You do. Post the pics already. Show us what you've gathered.

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 03:57 AM

You do. Post the pics already. Show us what you've gathered.

Come on MAN ... mopJ ... show us your sheet .., those FACTS that support your assertion that Amsoil is a superior oil to all others tsk

ALL I had were a few screenshots of opinions

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 02:11 PM

moderators please delete this post. i have all the info i need from it

thank you

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 02:39 PM

moderators please delete this post. i have all the info i need from it

thank you

It isn’t ALL ABOUT YOU ... 3 ninety 2 tsk

Seriously.... certain people make almost blanket statements that are asked to be clarified.

AND YOU .... making a statement about time being the most important issue to you ....

When taking the car to the dealer CLEARLY takes more OF YOUR TIME ... than doing it yourself.

COME ON MAN ... get it together

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 04:22 PM

I will get banned for this. how about you shut your [censored] mouth.

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 04:44 PM

Oh my gooooness.... keyboard “rage” and a potty mouth TO BOOT ! ... tsk

Might I suggest spending some of that BRAGGED ABOUT 100$ plus an hour you SUPPOSEDLY make ....

... on a friendly THERAPIST?

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 05:24 PM

Again just mind your own business. and of course you want to challenge someone again. Can't you just make a good purposeful post instead of all the negative comments. I am guessing the picture in your avatar is a self portrait? It fits you well

thanks to you Doc Fiberglass I most likely will not be back much on this site.

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/13/21 05:30 PM

Again .. it’s NOT just about YOU in this world ...

and if you post something on a discussion board like this ....

What YOU SAY is everyone’s business ....

Deal with it ... pity
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/14/21 11:34 AM

Play nice doc.... wave

Re: Oil Change Question - 04/14/21 04:30 PM

Not playin’ t ... jsta trying to get info !
© 2024 Moparts Forums