Moparts

.0001 extra clearance main bearings

Posted By: voigtspeed

.0001 extra clearance main bearings - 03/11/21 02:38 AM

In desperate need of some cle-ms2220hx main bearings.. everyone is sold out. Anybody sitting on a set?? Or have any other ideas for a alternative? I got some hellcat mains as they are claimed to give extra clearance still only end up at .001 without any other bearings to compare measure not sure what the hellcat bearings from mopar could have added?? Have some kings on the way have not measured them yet. Gen three parts have been a hassle to get. Any leads or tips would be great!
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: .0001 extra clearance main bearings - 03/11/21 03:12 AM

run the crank down to a machine shop and see if they can polish off .001 ?
Posted By: toddinNH

Re: .0001 extra clearance main bearings - 03/19/21 04:33 AM

Have you tried A1 Racing Products? I just added the bearing set (Michigan 77) and they allowed me to go through the checkout process. I am not vouching for the company, but their eBay rating is good.
Posted By: aus370

Re: .0001 extra clearance main bearings - 03/20/21 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by voigtspeed
In desperate need of some cle-ms2220hx main bearings.. everyone is sold out. Anybody sitting on a set?? Or have any other ideas for a alternative? I got some hellcat mains as they are claimed to give extra clearance still only end up at .001 without any other bearings to compare measure not sure what the hellcat bearings from mopar could have added?? Have some kings on the way have not measured them yet. Gen three parts have been a hassle to get. Any leads or tips would be great!

I've used the king MB5840XP STDX on a standard 6.4 crank at got 0.0023 clearance.
© 2024 Moparts Forums