Moparts

Holley Hi Ram intake

Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/10/20 12:38 PM

Holley just came out with a Hi Ram for the gen 3 motor. Fuel injected but you can swap tops and use carbs as well.

https://www.holley.com/products/intakes/hi-ram_manifolds/parts/300-651BK
Posted By: Bakaruda

Re: Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/13/20 05:02 AM

I had a Sniper intake for my car. It was junk sent it back they sent me a second one same issues. Then I found a dyno test of it car lost 40HP. So my gut would say unless you are boosted don't waste your money.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/13/20 09:00 PM

seems like a product without a use today except for a couple no limit builds that have been on here? Hi rpm, probably loses a ton of TQ to OEM manifolds, and you have to spend a gob ton to get valve gear that also support the hi rpm?
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/14/20 03:51 PM

I'm sure they saved $ using the same top found on LS intakes of the same design, but I agree, how many people can run this? Definitely won't fit under a stock hood.

I'd think either a single plane or dual plane intake, either efi or carb, would be substantially more lucrative.
Posted By: ghinmi

Re: Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/14/20 05:52 PM

They sell a ton of 'em to LS guys and they're very similar platforms as far as parts and potential. No reason why they won't sell a ton of 'em to hemi guys. It's filling a hole that's been missing in the hemi world.
Posted By: biff426

Re: Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/14/20 08:53 PM

The short Ritter intake is 7 inches to the carb mount surface from the head flange and it has a hard time fitting under anything. I would be curios what the height of this with a carb top is. I'd try it with 2 4s
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Holley Hi Ram intake - 09/14/20 11:18 PM

When I spoke to John Ritter on the phone he believed there was someone running on in an ebody under a stock hood. Having used the shorter Prefix intake, I don't see how it's possible unless the motor has been lowered or a scoop was used

I'm certainly not against any new intake, but I still scratch my head over the high rise version of this style.
© 2024 Moparts Forums