Moparts

mds delete

Posted By: hemi6sp

mds delete - 03/08/20 04:18 PM

advantage/disadvantage to deleting mds. Do you need a tuner to turn off? New lifters and the plastic plugs(not sure what these are called) ,gaskets , new head bolts,any other parts to swap, thanks.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: mds delete - 03/08/20 04:35 PM

https://www.amsracing.net/products/...rce=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: mds delete - 03/08/20 05:48 PM

I used the Diablosport Trinity T1000 tuner to turn mine ('08 Magnum RT) off. Lost a couple of mpg around town.

My MDS worked seamlessly for a long time and then started what I call a stutter below 1500 rpm when the MDS engaged.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: mds delete - 03/09/20 04:35 PM

I have worked on a ton of these things and never had to fix anything beause of the MDS, that said, I make a nice aluminum plug you can put in place of the MDS solenoids to keep them from activating negating the need to pull heads and replace lifters. You can also just leave the MDS solenoid in the engine and unplugged and the MDS will not engage, if you don't do anything but put in the factory plastic plugs the engine will just run on 4 cyl all the time. The advantages of my plug is it keeps the MDS from activating, you can control exactly how much if any oil you want flowing to the lifter body, they look better if you have a manifold that allows you to see them, also if you bought an MDS engine and it did not come with the solenoids and you wish to stop them from activating then it is cheaper to buy my plug than 4 solenoids or pulling the heads and replacing lifters. I would post a pic butt ever since the last site upgrade I have not been able to get pics on here.

Re: mds delete - 03/09/20 09:22 PM

thanks for the reply. reason for asking have a 12 challenger with 207k on odometer ,
all highway, in the car on average 5 hrs per day, recently noticed a slightly louder noise sounds like lifter noise.
Dealer says lifters on national back order , has no idea when available.
Posted By: W2-408

Re: mds delete - 03/23/20 05:51 PM

could you text me pictures of plugs to 780-996-8360. thanks

Re: mds delete - 03/23/20 11:00 PM

https://www.amsracing.net/products/...rce=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign
see the picture in this link for plugs, sorry i don't have pictures to send on my phone
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: mds delete - 03/23/20 11:41 PM

putting those plugs into an MDS engine will cause it to shut down 4 cylinders
© 2024 Moparts Forums