Moparts

Valve cover choices?

Posted By: Quickrunner

Valve cover choices? - 10/12/19 02:18 PM

I had planned to use the stock black plastic covers that I have but realize I am going to need more crank case ventilation than the Whipple blower manifold provides. It basically has a 1/2 inch fitting on both sides and two -10 hoses are not going to cut it for crank case venting on a blown motor. Not really wanting to spend 1k on billet covers. Looking at the Holley as it would be easy to add AN fittings to them but read they had poor fitment quality. Recently discovered the A2speed ones that look like they have a threaded vent at the ends, those dont look to bad. I know Moroso & Billet specialties make nice ones but seem overpriced and I dont care for the hellcat style. Am I missing any options out there?
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/12/19 05:34 PM

Prefix and Indy both have cast covers.
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/12/19 08:02 PM

These Guys have a nice valve cover ,

https://thecrankshopvt.com/5-7-6-1-hemi-valve-covers
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/12/19 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ray408G3Hemi
These Guys have a nice valve cover ,

https://thecrankshopvt.com/5-7-6-1-hemi-valve-covers

Wow!!! Those are nice and cheap.
Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/13/19 12:54 AM

Summit shows both Holley & MrGasket aluminum valve covers in black. I assume these are the exact same part as each other minus the Sniper logo on the Holley version?

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/13/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Quickrunner
Summit shows both Holley & MrGasket aluminum valve covers in black. I assume these are the exact same part as each other minus the Sniper logo on the Holley version?

Yeap .....

My Youngest son went with the Crankshops std 5.7 cover my daughter went with the chrome sniper ones, they were too tall , had to double up the spark plug tower gaskets, but other wise fit nicely the Crank shops covers are a great quality piece , but they get expensive when you have to buy the brackets to mount coils.
Posted By: Medlock51

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/17/19 07:12 AM

Use early stock cast aluminum covers. Almost free at the junkyard.

Re: Valve cover choices? - 10/17/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Medlock51
Use early stock cast aluminum covers. Almost free at the junkyard.

Great choice if he's using pre Eagle heads
© 2024 Moparts Forums