Moparts

Conversion Motor Mounts

Posted By: A39Coronet

Conversion Motor Mounts - 09/25/19 08:36 PM

Did a search but didn't find anything on here...anyone have any experience with the Schumacher and TTI conversion mounts? I've sent an email and a phone call to Schumacher with no reply, but TTIs are in stock. I've read TTI had, at least at one time, an issue with engine placement and angle.

This is the last piece of the puzzle before I drop the engine onto the ebody k frame.
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: Conversion Motor Mounts - 09/26/19 12:35 AM

My Kids 70 Duster we used Schumacher at 1st , never did anything other than test fit and mock up the headers.....in the end we used a motor plate.....I know that doesn't help you but FWIW the engine sat in the same spot as the 340 we pulled out of there, with the 904 bolted up the trans mount was in the correct spot.
Posted By: mdeane

Re: Conversion Motor Mounts - 09/26/19 12:48 AM

I used the TTI mounts on my E-Body and the only issue was that the A/C compressor shared the same mounting hole as the TTI bracket (driver's side). I shaved the boss off the back of the compressor and have had no issues for many years.
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Conversion Motor Mounts - 09/26/19 06:50 AM

I used TTI mounts on my B. I had to trim the rubber insulator on the PS to clear the block bolts and I used a solid Moroso mount on the DS.

No issues dropping the engine onto the mounts.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Conversion Motor Mounts - 09/26/19 07:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Shame Schumacher doesn't have anything in stock...can't sell what you don't have. Guess the TTIs are it for me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums