Moparts

VVT computer

Posted By: astjp2

VVT computer - 09/09/19 04:00 PM

Ok, so I may have missed it, but does someone make a PCM for mopar engines with VVT? I would like to see if I could use all of the features the newer hemi engine has, to include better economy. I am also looking at options for the 3.6 pentastar motor.
Posted By: L4staero

Re: VVT computer - 09/10/19 02:19 AM

Factory PCM can be made to work with a factory harness and will run the vvt
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: VVT computer - 09/10/19 11:31 AM

The Megasquirt 3 stuff can control VVT. I don't know that there is any default programming for it so there might be a learning curve there but they have the capability.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: VVT computer - 09/10/19 06:30 PM

What are the ford and Chevy guys running on their vvt engines? Or is it a mopar only thing? Megasquirt is way more programming than I want to do and I am trying to get away from the factory pcm. Argh it can be frustrating not knowing the new tech out there.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: VVT computer - 09/10/19 07:21 PM

They are probably tuning the factory computer. As far as I know holley doesn't do VVT where the Megasquirt can control about anything VVT including the ford Coyote engines with 4 cams.

The megasquirt stuff is pretty easy if you have a good knowledge of how an engine works. Holley might be a little easier but there is still tons of user input.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: VVT computer - 09/11/19 10:06 PM

DIYHemi.com on FB has a harness they sell to run the factory stuff. Pretty affordable as well
© 2024 Moparts Forums