Moparts

5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor

Posted By: Kiddart

5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/19/19 12:57 AM

I think I have a small problem, I have my temp gauge electric sensor that I had on my old manifold from my 415, next to that in the other hole I had the EFI temp sensor. On the 5.7 I only have one npt hole. I need the temp sensor for the efi and I still want my gage to work.

any ideas?
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: 5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/19/19 01:10 AM

I tapped 1/8"NPT threads near the thermostat housing for my electronic gauge. My ECU looks at the stock sensor.

Attached picture Hemismall.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: 5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/19/19 07:27 AM

On the later years from around 2004 or somewhere around there Mopar started using just the one PCM coolant sensor for the PCM and the temp gauge. They actually started having the temp sensor hooked only to the PCM. Then the PCM uses it to know eng temp and it also sent that info over the buss to the instrument cluster so it could operate the temp gauge. Without the factory setup you will have to find or make a separate threaded hole for a stand alone temp gauge. Ron
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: 5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/19/19 01:29 PM

On my daughters D100 we used the 04-08 car timing cover, the back of the block(the passages that go no where) had been tapped and the Heater hoses connected to them , That's where we put her mechanical gauge , installed at-fitting .

Re: 5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/19/19 01:33 PM

I think I am going to drill and tap a new hole opposite side of the factory location on the front top of block. its the triangle area just behind the front cover. on the drivers side there is a boss that I have the efi sensor in so I am going to drill and pipe tap just opposite of that. and hope for the best. should work just fine. cross my fingers. I will let you all know how it works out.

Re: 5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/20/19 12:03 AM

All done, i figured i would screw this up somehow. But not this time

Attached picture 20190719_195254.jpg
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: 5.7 temp gauge and EFI temp sensor - 07/20/19 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by 392Hemi
All done, i figured i would screw this up somehow. But not this time

Looks good to me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums