Moparts

6.1 stroker, head choices

Posted By: Uberpube

6.1 stroker, head choices - 07/16/19 02:43 AM

I picked up a blown 6.1 engine to build an engine for my jeep, it has 2 spun rod bearings, so I will most likely do a 392 stroker. Topping it will be a whipple supercharger.I have to decide what to do with the heads. Go for a cnc port and rebuild the 6.1 heads, edelbrocks, or something else?
Anyone making dedicated blower cams for the gen3?
Posted By: AlexP

Re: 6.1 stroker, head choices - 07/16/19 03:37 AM

You don’t need much cylinder head for a boosted motor unless the boost is high.

I’d do a stage 2 port from a guy like sixpackgut.
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: 6.1 stroker, head choices - 07/16/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uberpube
I picked up a blown 6.1 engine to build an engine for my jeep, it has 2 spun rod bearings, so I will most likely do a 392 stroker. Topping it will be a whipple supercharger.I have to decide what to do with the heads. Go for a cnc port and rebuild the 6.1 heads, edelbrocks, or something else?
Anyone making dedicated blower cams for the gen3?

Boosted Cams, MMX has a good one designed for 390+CI boosted engine,Call them an tell them What your looking for their custom cams won't break the bank
RLD has a Great 370-400Ci boosted cam ,part # RLD H2 3 weeks ago I was at my engine builders place he had a stock bore and stroke 6.1 with Hellcat heads and A 2.9 Whipple on it motor pulled 960@ 6800 with that cam.
HHP is another one to talk to about boosted G3s
Inertia Motorsports
OST Dyno , they are more into the Later G3hemi(VVT)

I'd Sell the 6.1 heads and get a set of the BGE heads(6.4 Truck) they are a stronger head less prone to cracking at higher boost pressures.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: 6.1 stroker, head choices - 07/17/19 06:54 AM

What kind of HP are you looking for? Plenty of forced induction forged 6.1's making massive power with stockish heads. 6.1's flow over 300cfm stock, I'd say do a good rebuild on them, maybe touch them up and spend your money elsewhere
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: 6.1 stroker, head choices - 07/17/19 12:15 PM

I'd like to have 700 at the wheel.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: 6.1 stroker, head choices - 07/17/19 07:33 PM

If you wan the best without breaking the bank get the BGE heads, but really any of them will do that easily, even the early 5.7 ones but I would get at least an eagle.
© 2024 Moparts Forums