Moparts

Gen 3 to A-Body

Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/05/19 06:22 PM

New to this but just thinking about a Gen 3 conversion. Is there a kit made for bolting in a modern Hemi into my 69 A-Body? Can I make it work with my 4 speed or do I need a different trans?
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/05/19 07:24 PM

There are lots of options out there from complete k frames to just mounts. Gen 3 hemi has the exact same bell pattern as the LA block, you just need the proper adapter for the crank.
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/05/19 08:13 PM

Good info. Thank you.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/06/19 11:09 PM

I moched up a 5.7 with Jeep stainless steel stock SRT exhaust manifolds. I needed to trim the bell of the trans a touch just above the starter, and on an early A the torsion bars were right where those manifolds would exit. I put a rack and pinion and coilover system together along with coilover shocks and springs to make everything fit in the early a. There is a lot of info out there on a 69A to g3 swap, so i am certain there are easier ways to get it done than i did.
Posted By: loganscuda

Re: Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/10/19 01:46 AM

I put one in my 67 Cuda. TTI has the mounts, almost any trans will bolt up with adapter plates. Check out FABO website more info on Abody GENIII swaps. More companies are making kits for them now. I did mine in 2010.
Posted By: 65Dodge440

Re: Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/10/19 05:17 PM

I'm putting a Gen 3 in my 68 Dart. I have TTI headers, their biscuit motor mounts and a remote oil filter kit with the block off plate. I have the ATI flex plate to match it to my 904 (manual valve body). MS3 gold box and their harness. Other than that, I don't plan on anything else. The engines not in the car yet, so that could change. I'm changing the cam, intake, lifters, etc... right now and then it goes in.
Posted By: RealWing

Re: Gen 3 to A-Body - 05/20/19 01:40 AM

There are several options available for this installation. This is a link to my 6.1 install in a 1969 Barracuda.
If any questions, just PM me.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/srt8cuda-build.218445/

Jim
© 2024 Moparts Forums