Moparts

Jesel sent me this pic today

Posted By: sixpackgut

Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 04:07 AM

I run @g3hemiswap on instagram. Jesel sent me this pic today.

Notice the cnc port job. Im trying to find out who's port it is

Attached picture IMG_20190218_210050_233.jpg
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 10:08 AM

Heads are ThiTek , I have a set here that has the same Vane done by Frankenstein 210CC 2.20 intake valve going on a 441CI BGE

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 03:17 PM

cool

Attached picture Screenshot_2019-02-19-08-15-06.png

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 04:02 PM

After blowing the Pic up I can see the roughness of casting

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By ric3xrt
After blowing the Pic up I can see the roughness of casting

I wonder if it's a completely different casting. I have a picture of the old Drag Pack head that Barton went in the 8.50s with and there was really not very much metal removed from the port at all. That wing in the picture looks very tall.

Also, the new factory stock motors have lifters angles or placement different than stock
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 07:54 PM

For people thinking those rockers might be remotely budget friendly are going to have to keep dreaming, they will be expensive to buy, head will need machine work and non stock style lifters will be needed but for high end stuff they look really nice.

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave
For people thinking those rockers might be remotely budget friendly are going to have to keep dreaming, they will be expensive to buy, head will need machine work and non stock style lifters will be needed but for high end stuff they look really nice.

As far as I know, in factory stock, machining and moving things around is not allowed. However, the factory stock motors do use a different lifter layout so everything might be part of a approved by nhra package. Im sure that is a boat load of money in that picture though.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/19/19 11:09 PM

Was told 250.00 a rocker.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/20/19 01:17 AM

Those rockers are for the Facory Stock latest and greatest stuff. T & D has that design too.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/20/19 01:49 AM

That’s some pretty stuff right there. Man jewelry
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/20/19 04:42 AM

We experimented with a welded fin, but it never took off for us. The tester dropped the ball.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/20/19 05:29 AM

From what I've seen on the flow bench, and measuring the CSA with and without the vane on the floor, it speeds the air up too much unless your keeping the lift below .550 and rpm range (typical 5.7 - 6.4 cid)below 6000.
We've found really good flow and power (5.7 eagle head, 6.1, and 6.4 heads)getting creative with the valve job/bowl/chamber area.

We also measure rev. flow on the intake up to .250 lift and make sure it's in check.
Brian

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/21/19 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By MattW

Here's the quote I got Monday

Rick
Lead time is about 3-4 weeks and the racer price for 16 rockers and our retaining kit is $4515.00
Jon Fodor
JESEL, Inc.

thank god it's not my check book.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/21/19 10:10 PM

What kind of lift is possible with these?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/22/19 12:15 AM

Rick
Lead time is about 3-4 weeks and the racer price for 16 rockers and our retaining kit is $4515.00
Jon Fodor
JESEL, Inc.

Quick would someone please hand me my nitro pills.

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/22/19 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
What kind of lift is possible with these?

Stock ratio.

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/22/19 04:49 PM

Okay they're stock ratio but can they handle more lift than the stock stuff? I think stock stuff gets iffy around the .650" mark?

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/22/19 08:00 PM

Probably not as the problem would be the same, the tip of the rocker getting too close to the edge of the valve. They would need to move the pivot point away from the valve to get a longer arm, thats kind of hard to do with the spark plug tubes right there. Maybe .050 or .100 or so and at the same time that could be used to increase the rocker ratio but any way you slice it there is not a lot of room in the top of the head on these things, the good thing is that .650 can access a ton of flow.

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/23/19 03:34 AM

I thought part of the reason for upgrading to Jesel/T&D was for more lift? Kind of seems like a waste as don’t guys turn 7500ish with stock stuff?

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/24/19 04:20 AM

Probably geared more toward the 9000+ RPM guys is my guess.

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/24/19 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Rick
Jon Fodor
JESEL, Inc.

Quick would someone please hand me my nitro pills.

Just breath John, take a deep breathe you’ll be fine , I know that price is twice what you might of paid for an R3 block.

smile

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/24/19 04:22 PM

Probably geared more toward the 9000+ RPM guys is my guess.

Yeap
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/24/19 05:52 PM

Rick
Jon Fodor
JESEL, Inc.

Are the T&D's this expensive?
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/24/19 06:32 PM

The single shaft T&Ds can be had for around $2800. I don't know what their individual shaft set up like that costs.

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/24/19 06:33 PM

Few sellers on Ebay sell them in the 3k range , most are in the 2899-2999 range. Last set I bought for myself I got an "open box" had afew pieces out of it, "Adjusters", I paid $1900

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/25/19 01:26 PM

I run the T & D's with a Solid Roller. I buzz mine usually to 8000.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/25/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
I thought part of the reason for upgrading to Jesel/T&D was for more lift? Kind of seems like a waste as don’t guys turn 7500ish with stock stuff?

If this is for the FSS/XX guys, the shootout combo is only allowed .675 lift, and uses a 1.8/1.85 ratio according to the NHRA tech form. Bet they are spinning over 9k...
Posted By: Stewart

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/25/19 09:52 PM

Would be interesting to know what D Duell is running for rockers on his GT/HA combo. He went .81 under at SGMP Div 2 points meet this weekend. Also won best engineered. It is a non dragpack 5.7 I think. May have been first race for the combo. In a 68 cuda AH type car. Beautiful car. You can see some photos of the car on Class Racer Stock and Super Stock section.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Jesel sent me this pic today - 02/26/19 05:31 PM

Stewart is correct that is a beautiful car.

I was salivating just looking at the empty engine bay, so much nicer than my 69.

I am also thinking it is a non Drag Pack engine as I think it would run a FGT class if it was from a Drag Pack.

I would love to know more about internals as well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums