Moparts

Gen III power steering pump fittings?

Posted By: moparcyco

Gen III power steering pump fittings? - 03/31/18 05:37 AM

I really hope someone on here can help me with this. I am running a 04 Hemi from a Durango, stock p/s pump. On the pressure fitting is there an adaptor fitting that will screw into the stock port? It is very deep so standard fittings will not reach. This car has hydroboost so I really need to find something that goes to jic/an. Is the stock fitting removeable? Spoke to a couple places that deal with gm pumps that make a fitting for those but nobody can tell me the thread size for the Hemi pump. Can't be the only one to run into this. Help
Posted By: sycboi

Re: Gen III power steering pump fittings? - 03/31/18 02:19 PM

I use the same pump. I cut the stock pump side hose/line off, leaving enough metal tube to use a compression fitting on. Then I cut the vehicle side hose off and had my local hydraulic shop crimp an end on the hose that would tie in to the pump side line. Gates part G50510-0606. That fitting is made specifically to crimp onto a 3/8” power steering hose and the other end to tighten onto a 3/8” hard line...
Posted By: MoparCar

Re: Gen III power steering pump fittings? - 03/31/18 03:31 PM

Take a look at this on Bouchilllon's site. They have a fitting to adapt to an AN. Is this what you are looking for? The fitting they list is on their power steering parts section. If the link doesn't work, go to their site and find the 6.1 power steering pump for sale.

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/inc/sdetail/6706/6714

Wes
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Gen III power steering pump fittings? - 03/31/18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By sycboi
I use the same pump. I cut the stock pump side hose/line off, leaving enough metal tube to use a compression fitting on. Then I cut the vehicle side hose off and had my local hydraulic shop crimp an end on the hose that would tie in to the pump side line. Gates part G50510-0606. That fitting is made specifically to crimp onto a 3/8” power steering hose and the other end to tighten onto a 3/8” hard line...
'

I did similar on the last swap. Flared the 5.7 hemi pump hard line and cut/flared the original line from the coronet and used a fitting to connect. Basically like connecting a brake line section only bigger.
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: Gen III power steering pump fittings? - 07/26/18 11:29 PM

Its a 16mm X 1.5
© 2024 Moparts Forums