Moparts

Eagle running with Holley HP EFI

Posted By: ghinmi

Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 04:14 AM

Finally got mine up and running. It's a 5.7 Eagle with the vvt locked out running on the cheaper Holley HP EFI. I used a cable throttle body so that I didn't need the Dominator EFI to save money.

Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 05:29 AM

What's all that turboey looking stuff on the passenger side? Mind to share the whole build, looks BA!
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 07:22 AM

That will be fun!
Posted By: fatman

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 01:03 PM

Thanks, keep us updated !
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 02:03 PM

Looks and sounds great! What did you do to lock out the VVT?

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 03:01 PM

Thanks guys! It's basically a stock 5.7 and 6 speed from a 2010 Challenger with a baby s366 billet wheel turbo. I was going to have to build headers for the swap anyways so I figured I might as well do the turbo now so that I have room to grow without reworking everything down the road. Here' the super long and drawn out version of the build. http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 06/20/16 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By hudsonhornet7x

I used the Comp Cams lockout kit and gutted the phaser. The issue with that is you can't degree the cam with the stock timing set. So I made an adjustable timing set by broaching new keyways in the bottom gear and degreed the cam correctly. Simple and easy.

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 07/19/16 12:48 AM

Been driving it all over the place. Makes boost so easy. Quick video of driving thru town. I get on it once about 4:55 in.

Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 07/19/16 01:01 AM

PM sent
Posted By: fatman

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 10/27/16 12:17 AM

I'd love to know the specs of your reground cam, if you don't mind. -scott
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 10/27/16 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By ghinmi
Originally Posted By hudsonhornet7x

I used the Comp Cams lockout kit and gutted the phaser. The issue with that is you can't degree the cam with the stock timing set. So I made an adjustable timing set by broaching new keyways in the bottom gear and degreed the cam correctly. Simple and easy.

Where did you install the cam at and what are your cam specs?
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 10/27/16 04:18 AM

I didn't know you had the Hemi Cherokee from Drag Week, awesome unique build that runs damn good!

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 10/27/16 06:54 AM

The cam is locked out and installed at 107-ish. Went a little advanced for low end, the turbo can make it rpm. The deal didn't work out on a reground cam with a certain vendor. I'll never in my life pay $750+ for an aftermarket cam. A billet roller cam for my AMC was less than half that. I can make my own blank and have it ground for less if I wanted to.

And yeah, drag week was a blast! The Jeep was pretty much flawless all week, averaged 16.5 mpg driving like a crazy person. Literally just put fuel in it and changed tires. It's been a best of 11.46 @ 120.2 now on only 6 psi.

Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 01/06/17 05:58 PM

nice.....i want to see more, is this the one on a c10 frame?
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: Eagle running with Holley HP EFI - 01/06/17 07:23 PM

F-ing cool, I had a 78 I always wanted to drop on to a D100/150 frame, never got to it,
Nice job,
© 2024 Moparts Forums