Moparts

Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP

Posted By: Rustymuscle

Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP - 05/05/21 02:27 PM

[Linked Image]

Bulletproof reliability has become the norm in the automotive world. While vehicles built in the ‘60s were only expected to last to that magical 100,000-mile marker, it’s not uncommon for the most basic of modern-day beaters to surpass a quarter of a million miles.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP - 05/05/21 02:46 PM

Yeah, use an ad blocker to get away from nuisance ads on the forum and then find out that.......
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP - 05/05/21 03:12 PM

A rough estimate for this service would be around $500.00 or so?

Re: Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP - 05/06/21 01:41 AM

Call or email them!
Posted By: jcc

Re: Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP - 05/06/21 02:32 AM

I find that claim odd. I contacted TKX dealer, and asked about the cyro upgrade service they offered. Seemed logical that the unit must be disassembled for that personal service.
So I thought, well if that is the case ( pun intended) how about adding a tap in the housing while its opened up, so i could add a trans electric pumped oil cooler for road race, assuming I would use the fill plug or vent for the return, at their advice.

They said they have never done that, and it would "void the warranty", but the cyro will not? eek

Re: Cryogenic Treatment Makes For One Tough Tremec TKX From AP - 05/06/21 03:06 PM

That is a great suggestion though!

The addition is only voiding the warranty because it hasn't been discussed with Tremec yet. All that's needed to be done is for Tremec to "rubber stamp" it or not.
© 2024 Moparts Forums