Moparts

SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX

Posted By: Rustymuscle

SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/17/21 12:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Silver Sport Transmissions (SST) is primed for pistol grip shifting as research and development finishes up on their proprietary Tremec TKX for Mopar E-body applications. Teaser pictures surfaced online for this highly-engineered modification that puts the TKX shifter in the factory location for 1970 to 1974 ‘Cudas and Challengers.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/18/21 10:41 AM

I have a 70 Challenger you can use for a test fit. smile

Re: SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/18/21 11:24 AM

The kit is done. You missed all the test fitting. grin
Posted By: Jerry

Re: SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/18/21 06:07 PM

whats the availability and cost for these. can you get the trans alone? does this use the same bellhousing, driveshaft and trans mount as the tko?
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/18/21 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry
whats the availability and cost for these. can you get the trans alone? does this use the same bellhousing, driveshaft and trans mount as the tko?

You’ll have to call them for more details. The author doesn’t know everything.
Posted By: 572hemi

Re: SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/18/21 08:22 PM

So I see that they supply a rear cross member, I would be checking that this kit does not lower the rear of the trans to get there. I bought a A41 from keisler way back when and it was also called a perfect fit, lowered the rear of the trans by about 1.5" which makes for a lot of driveline vibration. I have one of the first 855's and could not be happier. Just Sayin

Re: SST Unveils The Mopar E-body Tremec TKX - 03/19/21 12:13 PM

Considering the RADICAL size difference from a 4L60E (SST's A41, which I ran in a '69 Charger for 2 years) and the new, compact TKX 5-speed manual, your concerns over tail cone angle are a little "misaligned." But yes, you will need to call Jeff Kaufman at Silver Sport Transmissions for the nitty gritty details for your particular application.
© 2024 Moparts Forums