Moparts

Single or Dual-Plane; Which Meets My Needs?

Posted By: Rustymuscle

Single or Dual-Plane; Which Meets My Needs? - 11/19/20 12:14 PM

[Linked Image]

Dave Hughes of Hughes Engines fields dozens of questions a week about Mopar engine builds, but by far, the most asked question is, “which intake manifold should I use — a single- or dual-plane?” That is a loaded question that requires plenty of supplemental information before Hughes can provide a well thought out answer that will exceed the customer’s expectations. The question piqued Hughes interest to the point that Hughes Engines put together a stout small-block stroker to test two popular Edelbrock intake manifolds. The dual-plane selected for the test was an RPM Air-Gap, while the single-plane was a Super Victor.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
Posted By: JP8

Re: Single or Dual-Plane; Which Meets My Needs? - 11/21/20 02:59 AM

Great write up! I would like to ask a couple of questions about forced induction. How does that play into the picture? I used Hughes for my 408 build and had them spec my cam and port my Edelbrock heads. I'm using their older hyd. roller lifters and rockers (2008 build). I was always planing on the Procharger D1 and blow through carb. They recommended the Super Victor. This thing made 589 lb ft and 650 hp with 8 lbs of boost.

The question is, would going to one of their ported Air Gap net me better fuel mileage? This is a street car and it SUCKS the fuel. My cam isn't anything crazy and I've got 1-7/8" headers.

Another question is about forced induction and fuel injection and the single/dual plane argument. Does it matter the intake if you are using port injection? Especially with forced induction?
© 2024 Moparts Forums